Vacancy posted: Friday, 30 September 2016
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and vibrant company. Apply now and don't delay!
You will be working for...
A brilliant organisation and have the opportunity for a energetic and determined individual to start their apprenticeship career with a further education body based in the West of Scotland.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will...
- Learn key aspects of IT Support working in an ITIL environment within both 1st and 2nd line support
- Learn how to assist with recording of IT faults and requests by telephone email and other electronic tools
- Learn how to effectively utilise various software packages, tools and systems to support the demands of ITDS support team on a day to day basis by assisting in call logging, fault finding and call resolution
- Learn aspects of IT Procurement activities including ordering of IT equipment, software, and goods for the department
- Learn aspects of the full life cycle of IT hardware from purchase, assets management and disposal management
- Learn how to assist to improve all aspects of the ITDS service to acceptable standards within the organisation
- Learn how to adopt a culture of continuous service improvement working with other ITDS teams and customer groups to ensure there is effective communication across the department, creating a supportive working culture to provide excellent Customer Service.
- Learn how to fault find and resolve basic IT fault with both Hardware and Software used within the organisation.
- Learn about regulation and guidelines within an IT environment such as H&S, FOI and Data Protection
- Learn the fundamentals of the ISO27001standard and how to implement the standard alongside other industry best practice frameworks.
- Learn how to assist with day to day communication within the department including liaison with all ITDS teams via telephone, email and in person. Learn methods of disseminating information to colleagues both within and out with the department maintaining a high level of professionalism
Your training will...
Start with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment covering: Operating systems, Server administration, Customer support, Networking and Security.
You will gain a Diploma for Information Technology & Telecommunications Professionals SCQF Level 6 plus MCP in Windows 7/8 Configuration and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in IT.
Who should apply...
- Experience of working in a team
- An awareness of Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
- An awareness of working of a PC either Windows or Mac
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills with the ability to be pro-active in planning forward
- The ability to work to deadlines
- A minimum of 4 Standard Grades Level 3 or above (or equivalent), subjects must include English and Maths
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship. Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
Job Reference: 9147
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist