Senior Distributed Systems EngineerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 5 October 2016
Salary: £44,370 - 60,030
Closing date: 03 November 2016
Data is the oxygen that drives success at Skyscanner. Distributed Systems Engineering is core to our growth strategy.
Every decision in Skyscanner is driven by complete, timely and accurate data delivering real-time value to our business, our partners and millions of users worldwide.
The challenges our Engineers face are vast in scale, complex and huge in impact. There is a real variety of exciting challenges across areas including Personalization Services, Partner Services, Real time accuracy, Automation and Delivery at Scale to name a few
We continually gather billions of travel-related data events every day and that is why we use leading edge large-scale distributed data systems to examine and determine requirements for new and modified systems. To complement this, we use a wide range of analytical and data processing tools to operate an end-to-end data platform.
We are looking for engineers with proven success working in data processing at scale in a Distributed Systems Environment with Terabytes, and even Petabytes, of continuous data.
What do you need to apply?
- Professional experience in a web economy organisation (or another highly scalable technical environment e.g. streaming, messaging)
- Ability to write and code individual programs according to specifications
- Strong theoretical and practical understanding of cloud computing and networking
- Experience on statistical analysis and/or machine learning is a plus
- The skill to write operational documentation and provide support and training for users
What can you offer us?
- Evidence of Data Processing at Scale – designing, developing and continually improving tools and requirements for new and modified systems in light of business needs
- Experience designing, developing, testing and continually improving tools and software programs, which deliver scalable and effective data infrastructure systems
- Evidence of experience in any of the following areas: -
- API design/development, Personalisation (classifiers, recommendation & prediction services)
- Automation at scale - designing, developing, and continually improving tooling and services for an agile, Cloud native engineering organisation
- Evidence in delivering continual improvements in availability, scalability, monitoring, concurrency, fault tolerance, latency, automation and related areas
- Metrics driven blue/green deployment, CI/CD, micro-service frameworks, container scheduling/clustering, container based tool chains, cloud native system design
Our tech stack includes (but isn’t limited to):
- Java, Python, Scala
- Open source data processing technologies such as Kafka, Samza, Spark, Mesos, Storm, Hadoop, HDFS
- AWS (S3, EC2, ECS, Lambda, EMR, DynamoDB, Cloudformation, RedShift), Docker, Elastic Search, Logstash Heka, Kibana, , PostgreSQL, PostGIS, OpenTSDB,, Protocol Buffers, Thrift, Parquet, Ansible
We can offer you:
- Huge potential to impact across our business, people, partners and millions of users
- Ownership – the freedom and space to be trusted to do what you do best and to make decisions that matter
- A real opportunity to explore & experiment – developing new & improving current features & systems
- An excellent career move – complexity, challenge and real variety
The closing date for this role is Thursday 3rd November 2016
|Contact Name||Lorraine Rew|
|Telephone||0131 252 5788|
15 Lauriston Place
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist