Trainee Software EngineerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
Star Refrigeration is the UK’s largest independent industrial refrigeration engineering company working with customers from design to commissioning and maintenance, supported by a nationwide branch structure. We are currently looking to recruit both an experienced Trainee Software Engineer and a trainee engineer (HND or graduate ideally with some industrial experience) to join the Software Department, based in Thornliebank, Glasgow.
The successful candidates will work as part of a team creating project specific software for our products and systems.
The role will include the following key duties:
- Programming of control systems in ladder logic
- Evaluation and testing functional performance prior to commissioning
- Remote support of commissioning engineers
- Meeting delivery deadlines and project budgets
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in programming and demonstrate the following skills
- A focus on quality and high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team to implement agreed control philosophies
- An enthusiasm for solving technical problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Qualification in a related discipline
This will suit either an experienced PLC programmer or a software engineer with experience of programming in embedded C, C++, C# or similar and who wishes to learn new programming skills.
There will be a structured training plan for the successful candidates to support them in their new role.
An excellent remuneration package is available including competitive salary, 8% non-contributory pension scheme and private medical insurance.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist