Java Developer - Edinburgh / GlasgowVacancy posted: Monday, 17 October 2016
Closing date: 31 October 2016
Job ref. no.: JavaDev - 17/10/2016
Java Developer - Edinburgh / Glasgow - Low, Mid & Senior Level - £35k - £58k plus benefits package
The Open Digital Services Centre was established in early 2014 and is expected to lead to the creation of around 250 new jobs. This new facility is a centre of excellence and delivers digital development services to clients across the European public and commercial sectors.
My client is looking for various Java Developers to join them on a permanent basis, they are seeking Java Developers, Senior Java Developers and Lead Java Developers to join their pubic sector projects in the Central Belt of Scotland.
Open digital engineers (Java Developers) will undertake development activities in Agile and classical practices. You will be responsible for coding, building, testing and maintenance of software systems, and coaching junior level developers. You will contribute to ODSC strategic development by maintaining competence in open technologies and bringing in innovative and pragmatic solutions to both business and technical challenges.
Senior Open Digital Developers will undertake development activities, mentor and lead others in Agile and classical practices. You will be responsible for the continuous software engineering and collaboration with other functional teams, solution architects, PM and product owners to deliver high quality products and services for internal and external clients. You will contribute to ODSC strategic development by maintaining competence in open technologies and bringing in innovative and pragmatic solutions to both business and technical challenges.
Initially the role will be focused on a full-time assignment in a client site in Edinburgh. Thereafter the candidate's normal base-office will be Glasgow.
Essential Skills /Experience
* Extensive Java EE development experience
* Enterprise middleware and frameworks
* Linux environments
* Oracle DB
* XML/XSD Data Design
* Web services (preferably SOAP)
* Hibernate/JPA (or other ORM framework)
* Experience working on complex or large programmes of work
* Experience of Continuous Integration and Delivery
* Experience of multiple delivery methods, including Agile (ideally SCRUM)
Desirable Skills /Experience
* Experience of working with major consultancy in a client facing role
* Experience of development using Open technologies
* JBoss solutions and products
* PL SQL
* Sound knowledge of the Public Sector and the issues and problems and the issues and problems affecting the service area
* Participation in an Open Source community project
* Scrum Team Management
* Advanced knowledge of Spring framework
The right individual will have to have the following soft skills
- Pro-Active self-starter
- Experience of working on-site with client staff
- Excellent communication skills
- A structured approach to problem diagnosis and resolution
Occasional travel to other parts of the UK may be required.
Candidate must be eligible for UK Security Clearance.
|Contact Name||Ben Wiltshire|
|Telephone||07921 406 276|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist