Java Developer - Scottish Borders (Melrose)Vacancy posted: Monday, 17 October 2016
Closing date: 31 October 2016
Job ref. no.: JaveDev - SB - 17102106
Java Developer - Scottish Borders (Melrose) - Low, Mid & Senior Level - £35k - £58k plus benefits package
Fantastic opportunity for Low/ Mid and Senior Java Developers.
My client is looking for new members to have a base office of Scottish Borders (Melrose) and to initially work on a fast paced and client facing delivery programme, working from the Scottish Government's offices in Edinburgh.
They have already opened a new office in Glasgow which has been custom designed to facilitate agile delivery and collaborative working and are due to open an office in the Scottish Borders in April 2017.
Strong Java commercial experience. This role requires diagnosis of significant performance problems, and an excellent understanding of Java EE architecture is essential. Supporting the Performance Test Team, this role will require a proactive and self starting individual to investigate, diagnose and resolve performance problems.
Essential Skills /Experience
* Extensive Java EE development experience
* Enterprise middleware and frameworks
* Linux environments
* Oracle DB
* XML/XSD Data Design
* Web services (preferably SOAP)
* Hibernate/JPA (or other ORM framework)
* Experience working on complex or large programmes of work
* Experience of Continuous Integration and Delivery
* Experience of multiple delivery methods, including Agile (ideally SCRUM)
Desirable Skills /Experience
* Experience of working with major consultancy in a client facing role
* Experience of development using Open technologies
* JBoss solutions and products
* PL SQL
* Sound knowledge of the Public Sector and the issues and problems and the issues and problems affecting the service area
* Participation in an Open Source community project
* Scrum Team Management
* Advanced knowledge of Spring framework
The right individual will have to have the following soft skills
- Pro-Active self-starter
- Experience of working on-site with client staff
- Excellent communication skills
- A structured approach to problem diagnosis and resolution
Occasional travel to other parts of the UK may be required.
|Contact Name||Ben Wiltshire|
|Telephone||07921 406 276|
|Address||3000 Cathedral Hill
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist