Senior Software EngineerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Salary: Not Specified
Job ref. no.: 0049715_P0060115
TITLE:† Senior Software Engineer
LOCATION:† Dundee, UK
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR's assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, healthcare, hospitality, entertainment, gaming and public sector organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR () is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
POSTION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
An opportunity has arisen in the Engineering organisation for a Software/Firmware Engineer in the Secure Devices team.
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated and tenacious individual educated to degree level in Computer Science or Engineering related Discipline. The successful applicant will work as part of a highly motivated team striving to meet all quality, cost and schedule targets across a range of devices, mainly, Embedded Control Boards, Encrypting Pin Pads, Card Readers, Displays, Touchscreens, PC Cores, Printers and Anti Fraud Devices.
Main responsibilities shall include, but will not be restricted to:
- Design, develop and document firmware and drivers to control devices connected via USB to a PC
- Design, develop and document test procedures and software to validate functionality
- Software unit test, and supporting integration and systems testing
- Provide estimates of effort, schedule, and size of change to Project Manager
- Regular progress reporting on schedule, quality & size of change
- Support for existing devices through problem investigation, identification and resolution
- Degree qualified
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing embedded firmware or PC Drivers in C/C++
- USB Devices and HID Stack
- Software design and methodologies
- Software configuration management
- Moderate level of electronics knowledge
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Board Support Packages based on ARM processors for the Android O/S
- Developing Drivers in a Win 32 programming environment
- Developing Drivers in a Linux programming environment
- Knowledge of Symmetric and Asymmetric cryptographic frameworks
- Working knowledge of ARM, PIC & MIPS processor technologies (or equivalent)
- Experience of developing RTOS and embedded systems
- Electronic design experience
NCR IN DUNDEE
Dundee is home to NCR's innovation hub for financial self-service solutions. With functions from product management and marketing, software and hardware development through to manufacturing operations, finance and technical support, this 500 strong, integrated team, delivers NCR's solutions to the global financial self-service market.
As a city, Dundee is experiencing one of the UK's more extension regeneration projects and has much to discover with its vibrant art scene, a diverse array of attractions and a lively nightlife, making it an all-round city to work and play.
- Dundee was awarded UNESCO City of Design status in 2015. The prestigious title has seen Dundee join other UNESCO Cities of Design such as Montreal, Buenos Aires and Beijing and has become the first and only UK city to receive the award.
- The city has a beautiful collection of parks and open spaces, more hours of sunshine Blue Flag status beach and a multi-award-winning revamped city centre
- Dundee is within a short drive time of Scotland's most spectacular scenery and outdoor pursuits including sailing, hill-walking and ski-ing
- Dundee is at the heart of one of the best golfing regions in the world, with St Andrews, Carnoustie and Gleneagles all within a 30 minute drive.
- As part of a £1 billion Dundee Waterfront regeneration, the world's greatest museum of art and design, the Victoria and Albert Museum is constructing a new landmark building in Dundee. The £80m project occupies a prime site at the heart of the Dundee Waterfront.
Visit our careers site for a list of the benefits offered in your region in addition to a competitive base salary and strong work/family programs.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list.† Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any†fees or charges associated†with unsolicited resumes....
|Contact Name||John Cairney|
|Contact Instructions||To Apply For This Position Please Click The Apply Button|
NCR revolutionized business transactions bringing the Cash Register to international prominence and opening one of the worldÃ¢Ã¢â¬Ã¢â¢s first sales schools. Today, NCR celebrates more than 125 years of business and continues to be the face of innovation, bringing to market state-of-the-art IT solutions that make headlines and constantly push the boundaries of technology.
Help lead the way to the next generation of self-service technology by revolutionizing how consumers interact with businesses around the world.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist