Senior Software EngineerVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Closing date: 31 October 2016
Job ref. no.: N
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 plus extensive benefits and a company bonus
About the Senior Software Engineer Role:
This is a very important position for this company, one that will call upon a persons thorough knowledge and experience within technology. Yes this client would love to see someone with all of the key Software languages but understand this is a big ask.
Having identified your areas of strength you will join one of three specific teams reporting directly to the Development Team Lead. You will be responsible for:
- Working on internal and external projects across the entire SDLC using Oracle PL/SQL and/or Java and/or C#.Net
- Engaging with customers providing progress reports and updates as-and-when required
- Working with internal teams to ensure accurate specifications and delivery to agreed SLAs
- Mentoring and supporting colleagues
- Providing post-deployment support where required, be that remotely or on-site
- Offering knowledge transfer where possible or required
- Identifying external training needs
- Following of company processes and procedures
- Investigating new technologies and where suitable, offer this to the company as a solution/option
You will be an enthusiastic professional, keen to work on intriguing and challenging projects in a fast-paced but ‘relaxed’ environment. You will be comfortable working on your own, as part of a team and where required, with clients. You will be comfortable engaging with people, discussing requirements, plans, project progressions and challenges and pro-actively offer support to colleagues. You will be comfortable suggesting improvements be that new technologies or having identified areas of concern or problems.
Skills and Experience:
- Expert in Oracle PL/SQL or Java or C#.Net with experience of the other(s)
- 5+ years commercial experience
- Degree qualified in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related IT discipline
- Understanding of Jira and/or Source Control
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Ability and willingness to raise issues as identified
- Pro-active approach and an interest in technology progression
- Understanding of Agile methodology – Waterfall and SCRUM also considered
- .Net WPF is a great advantage to have
- Experience within financial services working on real-time and DB transaction process applications
- OR securities finance
- Experience of PowerBuilder
- Experience of Shell Scripting
- Fluent in a language(s) additional to English
About the Company
This company are based in the centre of Edinburgh and have clients across the world with additional offices in London, Europe, Australia and Canada. They are a multi-national, multi-cultural and diverse team with a great team spirit and bond that helps people settle quickly. Staff are empowered to make a difference and are offered the facilities and backing to deliver the work required whilst supporting personal development, cross discipline exposure and cross training thus offering real career progression opportunities too. For those interested, international travel and temporary or permanent relocation are options.
Salaries of £40,000 to £50,000 will be considered but are of course subject to experience.
The interview process is two stages if both in person.
Candidates must have existing rights to live and work in the UK as sponsorship is not an option
Staff benefits include: Life Assurance (6 x base salary), Family Medical Cover, Health Insurance, Minimum 4% pension contribution, performance related discretionary bonus, 25 days holiday + 6 flexi-day holidays, flexible working hours, with a work-life balance, smart-casual dress code and dress down Friday, cycle to work scheme, secure bike lock-up, shower facilities, kitchen facilities, child care vouchers, running club, a games club, free tea and coffee.
For more information about the Senior Software Engineer role and company, please apply
|Contact Name||Gary Johnstone|
|Telephone||0131 563 7571|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist