Senior Oracle DeveloperVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Closing date: 31 October 2016
Job ref. no.: GAJV150B
Job Title: Senior Oracle Developer
Location: Edinburgh central
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 plus benefits
About the Senior Oracle Developer Role:
This is a very important position for this company, one that will call upon a persons thorough knowledge and experience within technology. Yes this client would love to see someone with all of the key Software languages listed but understand this is a big ask.
You will be responsible for the development of services for system integration packages, data loads and transfers and bespoke extracts and reporting. You will be responsible for reviewing client requirements and for the creation of technical specifications using our bespoke tools. You will offer support to team members with projects and to customers pre-and-post installation. You will carry out defect investigating and update on fixes and releases as required. There will be some client facing expectation via telephone or in person meaning occasional travel may be required to client sites.
Further responsibilities include:
- Working on internal and external projects across the entire SDLC using Oracle PL/SQL and/or Java and/or C#.Net
- Engaging with customers providing progress reports and updates as-and-when required
- Working with internal teams to ensure accurate specifications and delivery to agreed SLAs
- Mentoring and supporting colleagues
- Providing post-deployment support where required, be that remotely or on-site
- Offering knowledge transfer where possible or required
- Identifying external training needs
- Following of company processes and procedures
- Investigating new technologies and where suitable, offer this to the company as a solution/option
You will be an enthusiastic professional, keen to work on intriguing and challenging projects in a fast-paced but relaxed environment. You will be comfortable working on your own, as part of a team and where required, with clients. You will be comfortable engaging with people, discussing requirements, plans, project progressions and challenges. You will be comfortable suggesting improvements be that new technologies or having identified areas of concern or problems.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years developing within Oracle PL/SQL
- Strong within Java and/or C#.Net - essential
- Experience building of bespoke extract or load solutions from PL/SQL
- Strong client facing experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience within financial services OR securities finance
- PowerBuilder experience
- Fluent in a language(s) additional to English
About the Company
This company are based in the centre of Edinburgh and have clients across the world with additional offices in London, Europe, Australia and Canada. They are a multi-national, multi-cultural and diverse team with a great team spirit and bond that helps people settle quickly. Staff are empowered to make a difference and are offered the facilities and backing to deliver the work required whilst supporting personal development, cross discipline exposure and cross training thus offering real career progression opportunities too. For those interested, international travel and temporary or permanent relocation are options.
Salaries of £40,000 to £50,000 will be considered but are of course subject to experience.
The interview process is two stages if both in person.
Candidates must have existing rights to live and work in the UK as sponsorship is not an option
Staff benefits include: Life Assurance (6 x base salary), Family Medical Cover, Health Insurance, Minimum 4% pension contribution, performance related discretionary bonus, 25 days holiday + 6 flexi-day holidays, flexible working hours, with a work-life balance, smart-casual dress code and dress down Friday, cycle to work scheme, secure bike lock-up, shower facilities, kitchen facilities, child care vouchers, running club, a games club, free tea and coffee.
For more information about the Senior Oracle Developer role and company, please apply.
|Contact Name||Gary Johnstone|
|Telephone||0131 563 7571|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist