Lead Java DeveloperVacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Salary: £50000 - £57500 per annum + benefits
Closing date: 16 November 2016
Job ref. no.: J1016-1537
Lead Java Developer
The Open Digital Services Centre was established in early 2014 and is expected to lead to the creation of around 250 new jobs. This new facility is a centre of excellence and delivers digital development services to CGI's clients across the European public and commercial sectors.
Increasingly we're taking our development skills to our customers and working closely with them on-site. CGI is now actively recruiting for these high-profile development opportunities.
Role and Responsibility
Initially the role will be focused on a full-time assignment in a client site in Edinburgh.
The successful candidate will:
· Own the Responsibility of the overall features and sprint deliveries
· Lead the development team to build and deliver high quality application. Where appropriate challenge the business to ensure that requirements and design are clear, robust and do not negatively impact project delivery.
· Demonstrate experience in line management. Coach and develop the development team with regards to their Java/J2EE & domain skills and knowledge, ensuring best practice and standards are adhered to.
· Influence and support continuous quality initiatives to help ensure that the development team continues to provide excellent standards of service delivery.
· Ensuring the code produced adheres to an acceptable standard by working with the build teams and mentoring when required.
Candidate must have:
* strong development experience
* experience working on complex or large programmes of work
* a background in Java EE, SOA and Open Source development
Essential Skills /Experience
* Extensive Java EE development experience
* Enterprise middleware and frameworks
* Linux environments
* RedHat technology stack including Fuse
* Oracle DB & PL SQL
* Oracle Advanced Queue
* XML/XSD Data Design
* Web services (preferably SOAP)
* Hibernate/JPA (or other ORM framework)
* Experience working on complex or large programmes of work
* Experience of Continuous Integration and Delivery
* Experience of multiple delivery methods, including Agile (ideally SCRUM)
Desirable Skills /Experience
* Sound knowledge of the Public Sector and the issues and problems and the issues and problems affecting the service area
* Participation in an Open Source community project
* Scrum Team Management
* Advanced knowledge of Spring framework
The right individual will have to have the following soft skills
- Pro-Active self-starter
- Experience of working on-site with client staff
- Excellent communication skills
- A structured approach to problem diagnosis and resolution
Occasional travel to other parts of the UK may be required. CGI is looking for new members to join a programme working with the Scottish Government on the Agriculture Food and Rural Communities (AFRC) - Futures Programme. Initially you will join this this fast paced and client facing delivery programme, working from the Scottish Government's offices in Edinburgh. The aim of the programme is to deliver an IT solution that will facilitate the European Union's Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) programme that provides financial support to farmers, crofters and rural businesses. As we reach the end of the third year of the engagement it is an exciting time to join both CGI and the programme. With strengthened client relations and an established team in place, you will be joining a CGI and Scottish Government team that is working together on a significant capital programme for Scotland
CGI is expanding by recruiting new members to its Edinburgh, Glasgow and Scottish Borders locations. CGI has recently opened a new office in Glasgow which has been custom designed to facilitate agile delivery and collaborative working and are due to open an office in the Scottish Borders in April 2017.
Please come and join us at CGI.
At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at .
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
|Contact Name||Nick Petruzziello|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist