Software DeveloperVacancy posted: Monday, 28 November 2016
Salary: £25,000 - £40,000
Closing date: 15 December 2016
Job ref. no.: SWDEDIN1
Software Developer, Edinburgh
£25,000 to £40,000 plus extensive benefits
About the Software Developer Role:
Having identified your areas of strength you will join one of three specific teams reporting directly in to the Development Team Lead.
You will be responsible for
- Working on internal and external projects across the entire SDLC using C#.Net with probable exposure to Oracle and Java at times too
- Engaging with customers providing progress reports and updates as-and-when required
- Working with internal teams to ensure accurate specifications and delivery to agreed SLAs
- Providing post-deployment support where required, be that remotely or on-site
- Offering knowledge transfer where possible or required
- Identifying external training needs
- Following of company processes and procedures
- Investigating new technologies and where suitable, offer this to the company as a solution/option
You will be an enthusiastic professional, keen to work on intriguing and challenging projects in a fast-paced but ‘relaxed’ environment. You will be comfortable working on your own, as part of a team and where required, with clients. You will be comfortable engaging with people, discussing requirements, plans, project progressions and challenges. You will be comfortable suggesting improvements be that new technologies or having identified areas of concern or problems.
Skills and Experience:
- Proficient across SDLC programming in C#.Net with Oracle being used for the backend
- 2+ years commercial experience
- Understanding of Jira and/or Source Control
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Ability and willingness to raise issues as identified
- Pro-active approach and an interest in technology progression
- Understanding of Agile methodology – Waterfall and SCRUM also considered
- .Net WPF is a great advantage to have
- Experience within financial services OR securities finance
- Experience of PowerBuilder
- Experience of Shell Scripting
About the Company
This company are based in the centre of Edinburgh and have clients across the world with additional offices across various continents. They are a multi-national, multi-cultural and diverse team with a great team spirit and bond that helps people settle quickly. Staff are empowered to make a difference with the facilities and backing to deliver the work required. They are eager to support personal development, offer cross discipline exposure and training thus offering real career progression opportunities. For those interested, international travel and temporary or permanent relocations are options.
Salaries of £25,000 to £38,000 will be considered but are of course subject to experience.
The interview process will be one stage if in person though initial telephone of Skype interviews may be considered with a face to face interview thereafter if progressed.
Staff benefits include: Life Assurance (6 x base salary), Family Medical Cover, Health Insurance, Minimum 4% pension contribution, performance related discretionary bonus, 25 days holiday + 6 flexi-day holidays, flexible working hours, with a work-life balance, smart-casual dress code and dress down Friday, cycle to work scheme, secure bike lock-up, shower facilities, kitchen facilities, child care vouchers, running club, a games club, free tea and coffee.
For more information about the Software Developer role and company, please apply.
|Contact Name||Gary Johnstone|
|Telephone||0131 563 7571|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist