Digital Delivery ManagerVacancy posted: Tuesday, 11 October 2016
Salary: úcompetitive plus excellent bens
Job ref. no.: DPS610
Digital Delivery Manager – Financial Services/Public Sector
Digital Delivery Manager required who has a broad and challenging set of responsibilities within our clients’ technical delivery team. Primarily, you will be the technical owner of a product whose purpose is to provide customer / business solutions and lead a team to deliver new features and drive improvements which have a measurable impact. This role offers a competitive salary, with excellent additional benefits and is based in Glasgow City Centre.
Experience and skills required:
- Collaborate with staff and stakeholders and regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with people involved in area of work.
- Clarify strategies and plans, giving clear sense of direction and purpose for self, team and stakeholders.
- Provide constructive challenge to senior management on change proposals which will affect own business area.
- Spot warning signs of things going wrong and provide a decisive response to significant delivery challenges.
- Analyse and evaluate pros and cons and identify risks in order to make decisions that take account of the wider context, including diversity and sustainability
- Identify the main issues in complex problems, clarify understanding or stakeholder expectations, to seek best option
- Make clear, pragmatic and manageable plans for service delivery using agile programme and project management disciplines.
- Exemplify positive customer service behaviours and promote a culture focused on ensuring customer needs are met through data-driven analytics.
- Establish how the business area compares to customer service expectations and industry best practice and identify necessary improvements in plans.
- Get the best out of people by giving enthusiastic and encouraging messages about priorities, objectives and expectations.
- Experience in technical ownership of projects and products, demonstrating proactive engagement to deliver solutions.
- Proven experience using agile project management methods while understanding the fundamental principles behind what they are trying to achieve and why they are valued.
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity, applying both pragmatism and bold direction when appropriate.
- Sound understanding of the digital landscape, open source technologies and modern practices around continuous deployment.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, communicating clear strategy and purpose.
- Create, lead and develop a multidisciplinary team, ensuring you have the correct structure and levels of skill to develop your future plans.
- Own the delivery roadmap, working with the Product Owner to prioritise a backlog and translate this into user stories over time.
- Have oversight over the architecture, working with your technical leads to ensure the systems and solutions you develop are flexible, loosely coupled and deliver performance that is appropriate for business need.
- Ensure an efficient software methodology is in place, aligned to agile / lean principles, learning and iterating frequently, highly collaborative and regularly improved.
- Align to the DevOps principles and toolsets being established with high degrees of automation throughout the development process. Continuous integration, continuous deployment and continuous operational monitoring are baseline goals.
- Ensure that security, reliability and performance are embedded into the team skills, development process and architecture.
- Engage across the organisation with business partners to gain buy-in on prioritisation, with agreement on the key performance metrics which will be impacted.
- Measure and monitor the solutions you develop, regularly reviewing operational metrics to validate the effectiveness of your product in meeting customer needs.
- Excellent knowledge of modern platforms and tools, using the correct product where appropriate, especially open source and open standards.
- Communicate through email, presentations, informal meetings right across the organisation (including senior management and executive team) to share learnings, insight and plans, gathering feedback and influencing in the process.
- Role model self-driven skill development within the team, promoting learning events and facilitating individual needs.
About the Role and company
This role will be working for a large government owned not for profit making organisation based in Glasgow City centre. You will plan out your roadmap and deliver project change, continuous improvement and architectural enhancements through a multi-disciplinary, highly skilled technical team. You’ll be adept at delivering complex digital projects, breaking down barriers for your team with the ability to both plan at a higher level and get into the detail to make things happen when needed. You will be customer-focused and use analytics, regularly monitoring production data to understand operational performance and drive the prioritisation of your roadmap in alignment to business goals.
You will be core to decisions that build high performing teams and be expected to continually develop your team, creating a culture where small, regular improvements are the norm and people are excited about their contributions and how these impact on company strategy.
Occasional Travel maybe required as part of this role.
|Contact Name||Mark Durham|
|Telephone||0141 244 0246|
About Durham Professional Services
Durham Professional Services is a Recruitment Business founded by 2 of ScotlandÃ¢Ã¢â¬Ã¢â¢s most successful Recruitment professionals with a simple philosophy of placing the right people with the right company.
Our unique partner approach with clients and candidates, which was founded on service excellence, allows us to provide a bespoke recruitment service which adds value at every stage of the recruitment process.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist