Junior Software Development EngineerVacancy posted: Thursday, 13 October 2016
Location: West Lothian
Closing date: 10 November 2016
Here at Witherby Publishing Group we are currently expanding within our IT Department, which has resulted in a new opportunity for a Junior Software Development Engineer to join our well established team based in Livingston.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will join a small team where you will work across the IT operations of our business. This team is responsible for developing and supporting various commercial desktop applications and internal tools used in our office in relation to stock, sales, CRM, product database and finance reports.
As a Junior Software Development Engineer you will also work on software architecture, create detailed specifications and design an efficient user interface based on this.
The Junior Software Development Engineer will work on various aspects including:
- Discussing software requirements with development team and management.
- Proposing software programme architecture.
- Creating business logic from high-level specs.
- Designing efficient Windows user interface based on predetermined specifications.
- Maintaining and supporting company software architecture and applications.
- Testing products before commercial release
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience working with C#.
- Experience of .NET and Windows Forms development.
- Sound knowledge, understanding and experience of SQL.
Our ideal candidate will also have the following:
- Some experience with Xamarin cross-platform development tools (mainly Xamarin Forms).
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Sound understanding of reporting engines
- Relevant IT qualification
- Experience of Agile methodologies
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Great organization and time management skills
- High level of motivation
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated and experienced IT professional to showcase their creative abilities.
In return we offer the successful applicant an excellent salary, a unique wellbeing benefits plan and the opportunity to demonstrate their creative talents in a fast moving environment without corporate constraints.
If you meet our requirements above and want to take a step of progression in your career with Witherby Publishing Group, please press the “apply now” button today.
Please send us your CV along with a covering letter outlining your relevant experience, skills and what you can bring to the role of Junior Software Development Engineer.
We respectfully request no agency calls or speculative CV’s please.
About Witherby Publishing Group Ltd
Witherbys is steeped in 275 years of history dating back to 1740, although the publishing arm of the company - Witherby Publishing Group - was established in 2008.
Through the merger of Witherby Publishing and Seamanship International, we have brought together a long established position in the market with a dynamic and ambitious growth plan.
Based in Livingston, Scotland, Witherby Publishing Group now has a portfolio that includes over 600 specialist titles in the shipping, insurance and energy sectors with continued growth each month.
We deliver these publications to over 110 countries throughout the world every year and more recently, the company has moved its range of publications into non-marine areas. Since foundation, the Witherby Publishing Group has grown its team as well as its facilities in both Scotland and India to guarantee it meets both market and customer requirements.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist