Senior IT Support EngineerVacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Salary: £22000 - £27000 per annum
Location: Ayrshire East
Closing date: 28 October 2016
Job ref. no.: LS/SSE
You MUST have a current certificate in either Microsoft, VMware, Citrix or Cisco.
You will be working across support and projects dealing with a wide range of technologies and working with bespoke software products. You will possess broad technical knowledge of installing and supporting varied types of software, hardware and systems. You will be experienced in providing excellent customer service and problem escalation/resolution.
You will have many responsibilities in this exciting role, some will include:
* Work with the Service Desk Manager to provide technical assistance on escalated support cases, field visits and installations
* Work closely and proactively with Technical Support Manager on assigned client engagements to deliver projects
* Maintain up to date in-depth knowledge and skills in technologies and products in the area of specialisation
* Manage assigned cases and projects within agreed timescales
* Handover of deployed solutions to other members of the support team
* Providing regular and timely project updates to the Technical Support Manager / Project Manager
To be considered for this role you must have the following skills and experiences:
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and customer facing skills
* In-depth knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Core Infrastructure technologies including Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Certificate Services, DFS, File and Print
* In-depth knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Server operating systems
* In-depth knowledge of Office 365 products with migration experience
* In-depth knowledge and understanding of virtualisation technologies and related products based on VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V
* In-depth knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Exchange Server
* In-depth knowledge and understanding of server hardware
* In-depth knowledge and understanding of backup products from vendors such as Veeam, Symantec, Dell etc
* Knowledge of Networking, LAN/WAN topologies, and network security
* Knowledge of network VLAN configuration and operation
* Knowledge and understanding of database technologies MySQL, SQL
* Knowledge and understanding of VDI and Application delivery solutions from Citrix and VMware etc
* Qualification in an ICT related area along with an understanding of Microsoft based network environments would be useful
Current Microsoft Certifications are essential, VMware, Citrix or Cisco certifications are very desirable
If successful you will require a PVG/Disclosure Scotland check
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
|Contact Name||Ayr Branch|
Adecco is the world leader in human resource solutions, with a comprehensive service offering that includes temporary and interim staffing, outsourcing, permanent recruitment, outplacement and career services, training and consulting, with 12 locations in Scotland alone.
We specialise in a number of sectors including Accountancy & Finance, Construction, Investment & Banking, Sales & Marketing, Admin & Secretarial and Call & Contact Centre. We are currently recruiting for temporary, contract & permanent staff across these sectors.
Adecco act as an Recruitment Consultancy on behalf of their clients and are also an equal opportunities employer.
Contact us today for a confidential conversation.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist