Service Delivery and Applications Support AnalystVacancy posted: Friday, 30 September 2016
Salary: £30000 - £38000 per annum + benefits
Closing date: 28 October 2016
Job ref. no.: J0916-2340
Service Delivery and Applications Support Analyst
The Smart Data Service was the UK's first multi-client smart metering head-end service, and key to our utilities business in the UK, forming the foundation of our role as the UK Data Service Provider responsible for designing/building the systems to roll out Smart Metering to every home in the UK.
We are looking for enthusiastic technical analysts to join our well-established CGI Smart Data Service team, in Edinburgh. This role is to provide 3rd Line service support, maintaining the excellent Customer Service delivered to clients.
You will ideally be a problem solver, working in a client facing environment and have experience of working with web applications and services and have a working knowledge of end to end IT systems, a track record of being able to think on your feet, identifying route causes and solving technical issues.
Technology: You will support the core Instant Energy product built on a JBoss/Oracle platform, operated from CGI datacentres. Experience of services using these technologies, or similar, is desirable. UNIX system administration, networking, system security and SQL skills are desired. You will be expected to have an understanding of web applications and web services. Fully supported by our development and test teams you will have a unique opportunity to expand your skills and experience.
Essential skills: * Oracle database (or similar) * SQL * Java (or similar) * UNIX Admin & Shell Scripting
Desirable skills: * PL/SQL * Jboss * SMS / GPRS knowledge * Remedy * Networking * System security
The candidate will work out of CGI's Edinburgh office.
* Incident Management - contribute technically to the timely resolution of Service incidents
* System Maintenance - investigate and debug live system issues
* Support - Provide technical support to the all Smart Data Service programme team members
* Problem Management - contribute to the Problem Management process
* Operational Acceptance Testing - maintain, and execute, OAT scripts for each release of the Instant Energy application
* Risk Management - contribute to the identification, assessment and mitigation of risks to the operation of the Smart Data Service
* Service Planning - contribute to the creation of work breakdown structures, with task identification and estimates, for Service Team activities
* Operational Acceptance Testing - create, and execute tests for service impacting changes to the Smart Data Service
* Service Workarounds - create, maintain and review Service workarounds, and ad-hoc reports, by producing ad-hoc scripts and processes
* On-Call & Out-of-hours support
At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at .
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
|Contact Name||Nick Petruzziello|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist