IT Support TechnicianVacancy posted: Thursday, 6 October 2016
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 per annum
Bruce Stevenson is one of the largest independent Insurance Brokers in Scotland. Established in 1981, the company provides first-class, comprehensive insurance broking and risk management services for both business and private clients.
Due to its continued expansion, Bruce Stevenson Insurance Brokers are looking to recruit an IT Support Technician to be based in their Edinburgh office with standard working hours of 9 to 5, Monday to Friday. The successful candidate will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide backup and support to the IT Manager.
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility
- Provide desk-side and remote support to staff as required.
- Supporting and maintaining Microsoft Servers, Desktops and MS Exchange
- Setting up and configuring new desktops, laptops and mobile phones
- Setting up and maintaining user accounts, mailboxes, permissions and passwords
- Responsible for managing backups and regular tape rotation
- Carry out proactive and routine maintenance tasks on IT assets
- Undertaking small- to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the IT Manager
- Escalating IT issues to the IT Manager where required
- Ensuring Service Packs, Hotfixes and Security Patches are applied to desktops and laptops and kept up to date
- Ensuring Anti-virus installation on all desktops and laptops is kept up to date
- Creating, maintaining and updating documentation.
- Preparing and delivering user training.
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience with Microsoft Office packages
- Experience with Windows 7
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Good diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Ability to work on initiative as-well-as part of a team
It would be advantageous but not essential if the candidate also had the following:
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft Exchange
- Good working knowledge of Active Directory and associated services - DNS, DHCP, Group Policy
To be considered for this position, please send your CV along with a covering email including salary expectations.
Strictly no agencies.
|Contact Name||Alasdair Ling|
|Address||76 Coburg Street
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Desktop & Systems Administrator Colesco Consulting, edinburgh
- Service Desk Administrator (1st & 2nd Line Support)Harper Macleod, edinburgh
- IT Technician - Excellent Career DevelopmentCathcart Associates, edinburgh
- IT Engineer/TechnicianLuss Estates Company, alexandria
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist