Junior Backup And Server EngineerVacancy posted: Monday, 3 October 2016
Closing date: 03 November 2016
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
Our people are our greatest asset. We bring together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice our clients need. How we share our knowledge across our business, and with our clients, is critical in delivering value to our clients.
We currently have 25 offices in 15 countries and a number of referral relationships that enable us to offer the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 420 partners and a further 1,450 lawyers working across 7 different time zones, we are able to respond to our clients wherever and whenever they need us.
Our clients value us for being approachable, astute and commercially minded. As a global team we have a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects, and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients in innovative ways.
Ashurst regards an inclusive and diverse environment as critical to its business success. Accordingly, the firm encourages applications from candidates representative of all talent pools. Find about more about our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy on the "About Us" section of our website.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Title: Junior Backup and Server Engineer
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Location: Based in Ashurst’s Glasgow office, however, you may be required to work on an ad-hoc basis from the London office. International travel may be required.
Hours: Either 8:30 am – 5.00 pm, 9:00 am – 17:30 pm –Monday to Friday. You will also be required to be part of a callout rota (currently once every 3 weeks)
Overview: The Junior Backup and Server Engineer role covers the day-to-day, 'business as usual' tasks to support all backend IT systems. This role will provide hands-on 3rd line operational support for Ashurst's IT systems as well as providing implementation support for any new systems or technologies which Ashurst may adopt. This role is a junior position where system expertise is not mandatory. Both on the job and professional training will be provided.
- Support of global backup environment including daily checks and liaison with local IT specialists.
- Liaising with the Service Delivery team escalations and ticket assignment and resolution
- Monitoring of all servers and infrastructure applications
- Support of Microsoft BackOffice products inc Exchange/IIS/ISA/DNS/WINS/DHCP/AD, ensuring full system availability.
- Monitoring, management and support of all VMWare infrastructure
- Monitoring, management and support of all VMWare VDI infrastructure
- Support and maintain all back office systems and attached services worldwide in both physical and virtual environments
- Configuration and support of Active Directory services, Group Policies, as well as anti-virus and web servers.
- Reactive monitoring using various tools
- Maintaining internal procedural and technical documentation
- Raising problem records with vendors and follow ups
- Understanding of software deployment tools, in particular WSUS, in deploying MS security patches, service packs, and OS updates/upgrades
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to work within procedures such as daily backup operations
- Technical skills in Microsoft Back Office products
- Powershell scripting
- Experience of Microsoft Active Directory 2008
- Experience of Windows 2008/2012 Server and supporting technologies such as DNS,WINS,DHCP
- Virtualisation Technologies in particular Vmware vSphere
- Significant relevant work experience in a similar role
- Experience of Microsoft Lync
Desirable skills and experience
- An understanding of LAN / WAN technologies.
- Exposure to Dell hardware.
- ITIL certification
- Knowledge of infrastructure standards (e.g. ISO)
- Experience of working in a professional services environment
- Ability to manage a ticket environment and highlight SLA compliance issues
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to changing environment, team player, detail oriented, logical thinker with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to identify critical issues and deal with or escalate them
- Ability to concentrate on several areas of work at one time, priority their work loads
- Dynamic, outgoing, self motivated person
- Ability to prioritize and deliver service, to agreed service levels, within a diverse and constantly changing technical environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills
- Methodical and logical approach with experience of problem solving
- Maintain good working relationships with all members of IT
- Professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Flexible approach to role
- Highly motivated, willing to continually update knowledge and skill set
- Ability to liaise and communicate with all levels of staff within IT and across the business
- Documentation skills
- Technical documentation
- Knowledge management
- Health and safety awareness in the working place
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist