IT Service Desk AnalystVacancy posted: Monday, 3 October 2016
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
Our people are our greatest asset. We bring together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice our clients need. How we share our knowledge across our business, and with our clients, is critical in delivering value to our clients.
We currently have 25 offices in 15 countries and a number of referral relationships that enable us to offer the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 420 partners and a further 1,450 lawyers working across 7 different time zones, we are able to respond to our clients wherever and whenever they need us.
Our clients value us for being approachable, astute and commercially minded. As a global team we have a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects, and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients in innovative ways.
Ashurst regards an inclusive and diverse environment as critical to its business success. Accordingly, the firm encourages applications from candidates representative of all talent pools. Find about more about our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy on the "About Us" section of our website.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Title: IT Service Desk Analyst (Long Weekend & Back Shifts available)
Reporting to: Global Service Desk Manager
Long Weekend - 12.5 hour shifts – Saturday, Sunday & Monday - Long weekend shift rotates, day shift and night shift.
Back Shift - Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, 8.5 hours a day (including an hour for lunch) based on a rotating shift pattern between the hours of 12pm and Midnight. However you will be required to work such additional hours as are necessary to carry out your duties
Overview: Guide and advise staff on all aspects of the firm's IT services. Provide a professional IT support service to the whole firm with end-to-end management of software and hardware incidents and service requests.
Tasks will be allocated on a defined rota with duties such as phone support IT support via remote access, email support, floor walking and project support tasks as required.
- Understand the IT requirements of the local business and act accordingly to ensure these requirements are met in a timely and structured way, following escalation processes to ensure a consistent and professional service
- Contribute to the effective operation and management of the Service Desk to ensure it provides quality, correct and timely information and services to its clients
- Daily tasks may include but are not restricted to:
- Day-to-day user support and liaison with IT Service Desk in other Ashurst offices to resolve issues
- Management/support of pool and permanent laptops
- Management/support of remote working
- Management of user administration
- Mobile device support, including BlackBerry, iPhone or Android devices
- Prepare PCs and projector screens for training sessions
- Assist internal clients with videoconferencing requirements
- AV and VC overflow support
- Managing spare PCs, upgrades and replacements
- For new joiners, setting up the PC, including Outlook, WorkSite and other core applications
- Check and maintain printers and photocopiers; supervise supplies
- Ensure backups are completed as scheduled
- Manage outside storage of monthly backup tapes
- Support international offices with equivalent services
- Configuration and asset management
- Knowledge management
- Accurate ticket logging of all IT incidents and service requests whilst managing and owning individual ticket queue within the Service Management solution
- Point of contact for projects within the firm from inception through to "business as usual"
- Train new users in the use of IT systems; provide ongoing training for existing users
- Manage end user administration such as joiners, leavers
Essential skills and experience:
- Significant previous IT experience
- Highly motivated; willing to continually update knowledge and skill sets
- Analysis and troubleshooting skills of all IT incidents
- Flexibility: may occasionally be required to work evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication, customer service skills and attention to detail
- Efficient with good planning skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure and use initiative
- Ability to identify business impacting incidents and escalate according to the escalation process
- Ability to work effectively alone and within your team/group or project, under the appropriate supervision
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Additional language skills if required
- Previous legal or professional services experience would be advantageous
- Work in accordance to ITIL processes and procedures
- Microsoft Office & Outlook 2010 (intermediate to advanced)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Workstation
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008 Server
- Knowledge of Autonomy Interwoven (WorkSite/FileSite) or similar
- Knowledge of RIM Blackberry 5 administration
- Knowledge of MobileIron or similar MDM solution
- Knowledge of video conferencing systems
- InterAction or similar CRM software
- Bighand or similar digital dictation software
- AD administration
- K Vault Email archiving (KVS) or similar
- Knowledge of remote working solutions, eg ADSL, VPNs and mobile technology
- Knowledge of building PCs and troubleshooting support issues
Desirable skills and experience
- Background in statistical analysis or business writing
- Previous experience programming within Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in managing audio visual equipment
- Knowledge of intranets/extranets
- Health and safety awareness in the workplace
- Microsoft SQL 2005 server
- Microsoft Exchange 2010
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist