Senior IT TechnicianVacancy posted: Monday, 10 October 2016
Salary: £35,000 highly attractive salary and benefits package but more importantly the opportunity for you to develop your career
Closing date: 01 November 2016
Job ref. no.: IT1
In what is a truly exciting time to join our organisation we are seeking to recruit a SENIOR IT TECHNICIAN based in our Glasgow City Centre Support Centre.
Chisholm Hunter is a highly successful jewellery retail organisation with over 20 stores covering the length and breadth of the Country. We have been awarded Multiple Jeweller of the Year an unprecedented three years in a row and IIP Accreditation in 2013.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the day to day management of all systems.
- Manage all 3rd party support contracts
- Assist with server installations and setups. This will include Windows 2008 and 2012
- Build and instal personal computer hardware and software packages
- Assist with the administration of the Exchange Email servers, workstations and database servers.
- Remote control, Software delivery, Spam Filtering software and desktop maintenance
- Assist in evaluating end user needs and recommend appropriate equipment and training
- Ensure that the IT elements of the Business Continuity Plan are maintained.
- Ensure IT systems are evolving and continually improving to enable growth.
- Manage the out of hours support availability
- A degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Three years experience working with networks and computers
- A minimum of two certifications from any of the following software and hardware vendors, IBM, Microsoft, HP and Cisco
- Working knowledge of LAN
- Strong leadership skills
- Well developed communication skills
- A pro-active, "can do" approach
- The ability to work flexibly
In return we offer a highly attractive salary and benefits package but more importantly the opportunity for you to develop your career with a family owned, market leader passionate about people development.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist