IT Support AnalystVacancy posted: Monday, 17 October 2016
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000 (DOE)
Closing date: 31 October 2016
Come and work at Key! We’re looking for an IT Support Analyst.
About the job
You’ll provide a friendly and professional support service to our staff, while also helping to support and develop our internal systems and network infrastructure. You should expect to find yourself:
- Providing desktop and network support for internal staff.
- Coming up with bright ideas to help make our systems and infrastructure more resilient and efficient.
- Managing the flow of digital information throughout our business. This could be emails, electronic documentation or even just ensuring everyone can access the websites they need to do their jobs.
- Advising the IT Manager on new technology solutions which could improve the user experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Resolve hardware, software and network issues.
- Monitor, configure and maintain the core network infrastructure.
- Upgrading our desktop PC estate.
- Manage change and maintain configuration information within areas of responsibility (e.g. submitting change requests and updating system documentation).
- Monitor, maintain and support the systems (e.g. respond to alerts, trend analysis, maintain systems in accordance with agreed maintenance plans and liaise with 3rd party support providers/vendors).
- Assist with various other infrastructure projects or introducing new technologies.
- Provide support when necessary and assist with Problem Management.
- Keep abreast of and adapt to new technologies and tools both for internal IT use and for identifying potential applications in user environments.
- Support a high number of users (c100+) and customers/clients on a daily basis.
- Consolidate and maintain multi-domain servers such as Windows.
- Troubleshoot/solve problems relating to LAN/WAN/VPN networking.
- Configure and administer programs such as Active Directory, Exchange Server, Backups and Anti-virus
- Partake in the company’s on-call support rota to provide ‘out of hours’ support in the maintenance of critical systems.
You must have at least 3 years’ experience in IT Support or Systems Administration and know your way around:
- Windows Server 2008 & 2012
- Microsoft Hyper-V virtualisation
- Active Directory
- DHCP, DNS, IIS
- SQL Server Administration - 2005, 2008
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Windows 7 and Windows 10 Desktops
- Microsoft Office 2013
- Implementation and Configuration of Firewalls
- Switch and Router configuration and management
- WAN Connections (DIA, Point to Point) - Implementation and Support
- Asset and Configuration Management & Deployment
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers and support providers
You get bonus points if you’re also familiar with:
- Sophos Enterprise Protection & Pure Message
- GFI MailEssentials
- ArcServe Backup and High Availability
- Website Security, SSL etc
- Change Management & Release Management
- Microsoft Navision - installation and configuration
- Microsoft CRM - Installation and configuration
- Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu) Administration
Does this sound like you?
- Thrive in a small team where your contributions stand out and you can make a real impact.
- A creative thinker and an enthusiastic 'doer'.
- Capable of - and enjoy - taking ownership of projects.
- Can provide support with a friendly, personal touch that complements our professional yet simple approach to service provision.
- A fast learner with a hunger for knowledge. When we see enthusiasm for personal growth, we are happy to provide training on technical subjects such as Microsoft and Cisco qualifications.
- Can see the bigger picture! You’ll be part of a team that creates and supports the systems the company relies on. We’ll encourage you to voice ideas on how we can continually improve what we do and how we future proof our technology provision.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
|Contact Name||Chris Yacomini|
|Telephone||0345 371 0303|
18 Seaward Place
Centurion Business Park
Key is an innovative SME who supports the UK's flexible labour market by making contract work more rewarding for freelancers and their recruitment agencies. We provide full company induction training. You'd be located in our friendly Glasgow HQ, which is a five minute walk from Shields Road subway station and has free staff parking. Key employees have access to an exceptional package of shopping discounts and perks.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist