Oracle DeveloperVacancy posted: Monday, 17 October 2016
Salary: £40-45,000 plus up to 30% annual bonus
Closing date: 31 October 2016
Job ref. no.: Gillian
Golden Charter is the UK's leading provider of funeral plans. With more than 400 employees and 25 years’ experience in helping people take care of their funeral arrangements and later life planning needs, Golden Charter is the expert when it comes to planning ahead.
The success of our business is down to our people and our priority is making Golden Charter a great place to work. We recognise potential, providing opportunities that fit an individual’s skills and talents, and ensure the right support is in place. Opportunities for promotion within Golden Charter are commonplace with over 100 internal promotions in the last 2 years. Our commitment to our people, and our innovative thinking, has contributed to us becoming an industry-leading organisation with sales growth in excess of 150% over the last five years.
As an Oracle Developer within our busy IT Team, you will be involved in the full development lifecycle both in new project work and supporting existing systems. You will be expected to be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision and in a team environment to provide solutions.
- Work with business users and team members to analyse requirements and provide technical analysis and design solutions
- Provide analysis of technical and functional problems and implementation of solutions
- Produce accurate documentation for all stages of the lifecycle
- Produce efficient and reliable code, and undertake unit testing to the highest standard
- Perform and attend walkthroughs and quality reviews of own and others’ work
- Provide accurate effort estimates to assist planning process
- Track progress and provide status reports on a regular basis
- Prepare for and carry out systems implementations
- Follow version control, data control, and change control procedures
- Proven track record in software development using one or more development languages in a structured environment
- Sound technical background in Oracle RDBMS, ideally 10g
- Detailed knowledge of Oracle Developer Suite including Forms and Reports
- Excellent SQL & PL/SQL development skills (packages, stored procedures, functions)
- A proven record of applying robust problem solving and analysis skills
- Excellent team-working skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to use own initiative and self motivate
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Experience of Version Control
- Thorough, systematic approach
- Commitment to producing high quality, accurate work
- Able to demonstrate strong presentation and communication skills including the ability to present information to peers and business users.
- Experience of using standard systems development lifecycle models
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Salary: £40-£45,000 plus up to 30% annual bonus
Benefits: Onsite parking, pension contribution, free life insurance, subsided gym membership, various funded social events, fantastic career opportunities.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist