Senior Software Test AnalystVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Closing date: 31 October 2016
Job ref. no.: SQAE62B
Job Title: Senior Software Test Analyst
Salary: £30,000 to £45,000 plus benefits
About the Senior Software Test Analyst Role:
As the Senior Software Test Analyst, you will be responsible for the creation of test processes and suites and working on the real-time testing of scalability, availability and fault tolerance. There will be an emphasis on automation aspects for developing and testing using cutting edge technology and tools. You will be responsible for ensuring an agile approach and environment is followed. Given this is a senior position there will be an expectation to support and nurture other QA professionals as-and-when hired.
- Designing, developing and implementing testing suites (including an automated test suite)
- Project test applications time scales and resources
- Analysing change requests and impacts
- Taking part in walk-throughs for new features within applications
- Providing progress reports, fault findings, etc.
- Supporting the recruiting process for the testing team and mentoring new hire staff.
This is a great opportunity for someone to really embed themselves in a new team and to take an opportunity for career progression now and in the future and to help implement ideas whilst using/trialling new things, technologies, etc.
We are looking for an experienced Software Tester, ideally with 4 years of experience or more who has a BSc/MSc in Computer Science or a related degree and has experience using Automation tools and working within Oracle, MySQL or Sybase databases. We would like to see people who are competent in writing and executing SQL queries. Previous experience of supporting others within a team would be great or a willingness to take this on in a new position.
You will be an effective communicator, responsive and pro-active to people and in your approach to work, open minded to others and willing to introduce ideas, options, etc. that will be to the benefit of the team and company. You will be confident in engaging with people of all ‘levels’ as as this is still a young company and team in its infancy, there is no room for hiding.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of various testing methods, technique and procedures.
- Experience testing within Oracle, MySQL or Sybase
- Ability to write SQL queries
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Very good soft skills / people skills.
- Experience of Unix and/or Linux would be an advantage but is not essential
- Previous mentoring experience an advantage
About the Company
This is a fairly new start-up company based in the West side of Edinburgh who have created and engineered very bespoke products offering (in truth) fairly simple solutions for an area of issue they have identified within their industry that has seen them heavily-backed financially which in turn, has created the need to build their various teams with strong and well experienced people, cutting no corners and starting as they mean to go by building a solid foundation that will enable them to offer their services globally!
The company’s leadership are all very well experienced professionals with excellent networks and contacts that have brought them to where they are now at-pace and will only help to further increase the companies reach with excellent feedback and interest already.
Salaries of £30,000 to £45,000 will be considered but are of course subject to experience.
The office is modern and fully catered with plenty car parking facilities, trains and buses making commuting simple. The office is based near to well-known shopping centre so offers plenty local amenities also.
For more information about the Senior Software Test Analyst role or to apply, please send on your CV
|Contact Name||Gary Johnstone|
|Telephone||0131 563 7571|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Test AnalystMeraki Talent Limited, edinburgh
- Software QA / Test Engineer - Permanent - EdinburghHarvey Nash, edinburgh
- Test EngineerSpring Technology , edinburgh
- Senior QA AnalystIT Introductions, edinburgh
- UAT TesterHarvey Nash, edinburgh
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist