Lead QA EngineerVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000
Closing date: 31 October 2016
Job ref. no.: SQAE69
Job Title: Lead QA Engineer
Salary: £40,000 to £60,000 plus benefits
About the Lead QA Engineer Role:
As the Lead QA Engineer, you will have overall responsibility, via your team; for the creation of test processes and suites and working on the real-time testing of scalability, availability and fault tolerance as well as security and performance tuning. There will be an emphasis on automation aspects for developing and testing using cutting edge technology and tools.
You will identify and agree the appropriate quality measures and metrics per release to meet requirements or to improve on existing processes, profitability, etc. You will provide direction, steer and guidance on design aspects of releases and hold responsibility for the signing-off of applications, etc so must be aware of and focused on quality expectations.
There will be a need to grow this team going forward meaning you will play an important role within recruitment.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Supporting a new and growing team across all aspects of Quality Analysis and Testing
- Providing direction and guidance on releases, including design, cost effectiveness, QA Artefacts, etc.
- Providing progress reports of projects, teams and individuals as required
- Ability to work closely with other technical and business teams in ensuring delivery of suitable solutions across various geographical locations
- Always striving for continuous improvement, bringing to the table new technology releases and making suggestions of change with reason
- Carrying out post-release impact and reporting back and suggestions of change where identified
- Assuring the delivery of work is to a high quality and is done so within allotted timescales, etc.;
- Ability to communicate with people of levels
- Supporting the recruiting process for the testing team and mentoring new hire staff
- Management of people, offering help and support where identified and supporting people who wish to progress personally and professionally within the organisation
- Ensuring an agile approach is followed
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to implement their ideas, to build their own team and to be at the heart of this companies new chapter thus potentially creating an incredible career opportunity for yourself with expected progression ahead.
We are looking for a well experienced QA professional, ideally with 6+ years of experience including time spent within web based software services. You will be an experienced leader of QA Analysts, supporting them in their day-to-day work, delegating and ensuring the highest level of quality is delivered.
You will be an effective communicator, responsive and pro-active to people and in your approach to work, open minded to others and willing to introduce ideas, options, etc. that will be to the benefit of the team and company. You will be confident in engaging with people of all ‘levels’ as as this is still a young company and team in its infancy, there is no room for hiding.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of leading/managing/supporting a team(s) of QA professionals
- Ability to work within and deliver within a fast-paced environment
- A good understanding of various testing methods, techniques and procedures.
- Experience within Agile and SCRUM methodologies and environments.
- Experience of n-tier architecture, database, SQL, etc
- Experience of API Testing
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Ability to fully understand and explain complex technical information
- Proven ability to work in cross-functional environments (customer support, business management, engineering, etc)
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills with exceptional soft skills / people skills too.
- Experience of Unix and/or Linux would be an advantage but is not essential
About the Company
This is a fairly new start-up company based in the West side of Edinburgh who have created and engineered very bespoke products offering (in truth) fairly simple solutions for an area of issue they have identified within their industry that has seen them heavily-backed financially which in turn, has created the need to build their various teams with strong and well experienced people, cutting no corners and starting as they mean to go by building a solid foundation that will enable them to offer their services globally!
The company’s leadership are all very well experienced professionals with excellent networks and contacts that have brought them to where they are now at-pace and will only help to further increase the companies reach with excellent feedback and interest already.
Salaries of £40,000 to £60,000 will be considered but are of course subject to experience.
The office is modern and fully catered with plenty car parking facilities, trains and buses making commuting simple. The office is based near to well-known shopping centre so offers plenty local amenities also.
For more information about the Lead QA Engineer role or to apply, please send on your CV
|Contact Name||Gary Johnstone|
|Telephone||0131 563 7571|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist