Private Client ParalegalVacancy posted: Thursday, 13 October 2016
Salary: £Highly Competative plus Benefits
Job ref. no.: 3138
Experienced Private Client Paralegal (Trusts & Executries) required for leading UK legal firm. This role will be based in their Edinburgh office and will report to the Partner of the department.
Supporting the wider fee earning team, this role will involve Tax, Trust and Executries. Duties include:
- Undertake all administration work associated with Trusts.
- Liaising with HMRC and with OSCR.
- Responsible for ensuring that Trustees administrative decisions are implemented, and will arrange any financial transactions as necessary.
- Liaising with fee-earners (including tax compliance), Financial Advisers, Investment Managers and Accountants as required.
- Client contact.
- Organising diary of any relevant trust dates.
- Preparing agendas, attending meetings, taking minutes and circulating appropriate documentation if required.
- Preparation of trust accounts and operation of trust accounts diary.
- Possible preparation of executry accounts – can be discussed.
- Administration and planning of feeing processes.
- Work with Partners and fee-earners to review existing trust protocols and styles.
- Contribution to team knowledge management and Business Development as required.
- May attend some client meetings.
- Typing and dictation management.
- Client communication, both written and verbal.
- Collation of papers and file management.
- General organisation and any other administration as required.
Skills & Experience required:
- Private Client experience is essential
- Efficient use of MS Office (including Excel) essential and previous experience of using Digital Dictation preferable
- Good communication skills – ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and intermediaries
- Good team working skills and willingness to learn
- Ability to prioritise workload, work efficiently and to use own initiative
- Flexibility – to work out-with normal working hours
LUSONA was formed with one very clear aim as far as your professional career goes. We will consult, we will advise and we will implement YOUR plan. If you are reading this from the position of being able to offer careers to professionals, we again have one very clear aim. Strangely, it is exactly the same. Consult, advise and implement your plan. The fact is, that a successful career and correspondingly a successful business needs the objectives of both employee and employer to be almost symmetrical.
LUSONA have been advising professionals and organisations in the legal and financial arenas for a very, very long time and there is never, ever a substitute for experience. We want to share the benefit of this experience with you.
We want to be different. Inspirationally different.
Established in 2011, Lusona Consultancy has become one of Scotland's fastest growing recruitment companies. We recruit in the professional space, incorporating permanent, temporary and fixed term assignments. Our team operates across offices in Glasgow, Lanarkshire and Edinburgh, and covers every Scottish location. Our specialisms are Accountancy & Finance, Audit & Risk, Financial Services, HR, Legal, Professional Support, Tax, Technology & Data, Technical & Engineering and Executive Search.Company profile View all jobs with Lusona
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist