WAREHOUSE SHIFT SUPERVISORVacancy posted: Thursday, 13 October 2016
Salary: £21,000 - £23,000
Henry Colbeck Ltd has been supplying the food service industry (Fish & Chips and Fast Foods) for over a hundred years, through our two depots in Newcastle and Glasgow.
We are recruiting for the position of Warehouse Shift Supervisor for our Coatbridge Depot. Reporting to the Warehouse Shift Manager.
The operation covers approximately 1,500 frozen and ambient products and a similar number of delivery points in Scotland.
Job title: WAREHOUSE SHIFT SUPERVISOR
Based at: Coatbridge
Responsible to: Warehouse Shift Manager
Responsible for: Warehouse Loading Operatives
Key Relationship with: Transport Management/Supervision, Customer Service,
Finance and Quality Management, Drivers and Supplier Drivers.
Hours: Minimum 45 hours Sunday to Thursday – Normal start time is between 16:00 and 02:00
Package: Annual salary 21k-23k depending on experience
Holiday Entitlement: 20 days plus 8 statutory holidays
Pension: Yes, contributory Group Personal Pension Plan, access to company share scheme
Job purpose summary: Supervision and development of a team of warehouse operatives in a fast paced FMCG environment, ensuring acheivement of order picking and vehicle loading KPI targets whilst maintaining compliance and process quality standards to ISO 9001.
“Hands on” leading the development of a strong Health & Safety culture to ensure compliance to Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Legal requirements.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deputises in the absence of Warehouse Shift Manager.
- Assigns and supervises employee tasks and manages workload and staff performance against set KPIs.
- Supervises and carries out spot audits on site security, stock holding and picked orders prior to loading and investigates any errors and discrepancies.
- Carries out employee counselling and first stage employee disciplinary meetings and enforces company operational and Health and Safety policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Carries out ongoing “on the job” training and development of shift employees and reports employee progress or issues to management.
- Actively assists in the development of company procedures, working practices and continuous improvement, promoting an inclusive working environment with regard to staff Health and Safety feedback.
- Promotes a fair working environment reporting on and managing staff absence, first stage disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Planning and supervision of shift resources to acheive financial targets in line with budgetary targets.
- Ensures vehicle maximum payloads are understood by the shift and not exceeded and investigates any non compliance issues.
- Attends and contributes to managment meetings in the absence of Warehouse Shift Manager, including presentation of shift performance statistics and issues.
- Possesses strong staff supervision and organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Self starter able to plan and organise own workload.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and team leadership skills promoting a proactive and inclusive working environment.
- Possesses well developed understanding of WMS and Pick and Pack technologies and continually updates own knowledge base and skills.
- Possesses good understanding of Health and Safety legislation relating to warehouse operations (Manual Handling Risk Assessments, Accident/Near Miss Investigation, COSHH and RIDDOR and some or full knowledge of HACCP principles).
- Possesses excellent performance management and motivational skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Work experience in relevant industry (e.g Food Retail, Chilled and Ambient Distribution, Express Distribution and Warehousing.)
- Forklift licence an advantage.
- Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety legislation.
- Knowledge of staff appraisal and development systems an advantage.
- Must be willing to work additional hours which may include occasional weekend working.
- Full clean driving licence.
About Henry Colbeck
Established in 1893, Henry Colbeck Limited is the oldest independent supplier to fish and chip shops in the United Kingdom and remains a family owned and managed business. As well as fish and chip shops, we also supply independent fast food takeaways, wholesalers and food processors.
Our Head Office is in Gateshead and we have another distribution base in Coatbridge, near Glasgow.
We operate a fleet of 28 vehicles capable of delivering both frozen and ambient products throughout the North East of England, Cumbria and Scotland to over 2500 customers providing, in almost all areas, a minimum of a twice weekly delivery service.
We stock over 1500 products including:
frying oils and fats
frozen at sea fish
curries, gravies, pickles and sauces
canned meats and vegetables
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist