Bid ManagerVacancy posted: Thursday, 13 October 2016
Salary: ŁAttractive plus benefits
Job ref. no.: 3359
An exciting opportunity has arisen with an International Legal Firm for an experienced Bid Manager to join their Edinburgh office.
Reporting to the Business Development & Marketing Director, this role sits within a team of 5. Duties include:
- Development of a Tender process which will be robust and practical to produce winning results for the firm
- Management of the proposal process from start to finish.
- Facilitate the pursuit of new business / clients.
- Review of current and future panel inclusions.
- Analyse market and client research to identify value added service initiatives that are relevant to the firm and its business.
- Preparation of our submission for the legal directories, Legal 500 and Chambers
- Development, communication and training of a tenders proposal process to internal stakeholders
- Alignment of all proposal activities with the firms objectives and established target client profiles.
- Selection of proposal presentation team members where relevant, briefing of key players including proposal bid rehearsals and where necessary feedback and coaching.
- Review of proposal submission results and where relevant development of the proposal process.
- Client reviews in context to proposal submissions in order to establish core needs and issues relevant to proposal requirements.
- Reporting of future potential needs and issues to relevant Client Relationship Partner or Department Head.
- Review of current and future panel inclusions in respect to chargeable work received and revenue generation for the firm.
- Preparing the annual submissions for Legal 500 and Chambers and seek to improve our rankings in our key specialisms.
- Organise meetings with researchers and brief the teams prior to interviews.
- Supervision and line management of Apprentice
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experienced in proposal, bid or tender management.
- Solid experience of producing proposals for opportunities within a professional services environment.
- Experience of professional services tendering and bid management or in preparing proposals for high-value contracts.
- Strong project management and presentation skills.
- Confidence in the principles of tender submission and document copywriting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to use a range of communication styles.
- Competent user of IT systems in order to maximise efficiency and effectiveness – in particular, sound knowledge of all MS Office applications.
- Pro-active, reliable and able to use your own initiative.
- Good team-working.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Coaching skills an advantage.
Please note: This firm will consider the role to be based in Glasgow with travel 2 days to their Edinburgh office.
LUSONA was formed with one very clear aim as far as your professional career goes. We will consult, we will advise and we will implement YOUR plan. If you are reading this from the position of being able to offer careers to professionals, we again have one very clear aim. Strangely, it is exactly the same. Consult, advise and implement your plan. The fact is, that a successful career and correspondingly a successful business needs the objectives of both employee and employer to be almost symmetrical.
LUSONA have been advising professionals and organisations in the legal and financial arenas for a very, very long time and there is never, ever a substitute for experience. We want to share the benefit of this experience with you.
We want to be different. Inspirationally different.
Established in 2011, Lusona Consultancy has become one of Scotland's fastest growing recruitment companies. We recruit in the professional space, incorporating permanent, temporary and fixed term assignments. Our team operates across offices in Glasgow, Lanarkshire and Edinburgh, and covers every Scottish location. Our specialisms are Accountancy & Finance, Audit & Risk, Financial Services, HR, Legal, Professional Support, Tax, Technology & Data, Technical & Engineering and Executive Search.Company profile View all jobs with Lusona
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist