Director Of Communications & Commercial MarketingVacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Salary: Cú50,000 depending on experience
Scotland Food & Drink has moved into a new business cycle and is entering a period of significant industry and organisational change. It is a collaborative partnership between industry and public sector organisations and a membership organisation in its own right. It must therefore provide support to its company members as well as leadership to government and the whole food and drink sector.
A talented, strategic and commercially-minded individual is sought to drive the organisation’s communications and marketing activity in order to support the organisation’s business development and its industry leadership work. The role will underpin the organisation’s reputation as – and ambition to be – world class in its field.
With overall responsibility for leading and providing strategic direction for all aspects of Scotland Food & Drink’s communications and marketing strategy both on a domestic and international level, the Director of Communications and Commercial Marketing will report directly to the Chief Executive with accountability to the Board of Directors.
- Work within a senior team comprising the CEO and two other staff Directors, assuming collective responsibility and accountability for commercial business development and income generation, specifically developing a communication and marketing department to achieve those ends.
- Informs, influences and drives corporate strategy from a marketing and communications perspective and translates this into effective communications marketing plans that contribute to the achievement of business goals, financial objectives and organisational Performance
- Forges strong, lasting and mutually beneficial and supportive relationships with core partners and other external parties, in particular create a framework to support the ever closer collaborative working between Scotland Food & Drink’s partners
- Identifies and develops deep insights to create communication & marketing strategies that support achievement of business goals, in particular through revenue generation and sustainable organisation performance. This includes the development of communications and marketing expertise as a commercial asset or service in its own right
- Develops and implements a proactive media and corporate relations strategy to inform audiences of the importance of the food and drink industry and to profile the work of Scotland Food & Drink and its core partners.
- Develops both domestic and international channel and/or partnership communication and marketing strategies to meet evolving customer needs and business goals.
- Influences the digital strategy within the organisation in terms of Its impact on structure, culture and strategic plans
- Monitors and measures the effectiveness of all communication and marketing activities through the development of a system of critical review and appraisal to improve future marketing strategies.
- Directs and manages the Communication & Marketing team (x3) and all budgets and costs associated with the ongoing delivery of outputs.
Closing date: midday, Monday 31st October
Please APPLY online to be considered for this position.
|Contact Name||Claire Bisset|
|Address||Scotland Food & Drink
3 The Royal Highland Centre
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist