Communications ManagerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Salary: Up to £31,000 dependent on experience
Location: West Calder
Job ref. no.: SDX/TP/RF3710693/KT
HMP Addiewell have a great opportunity for an experienced Communications Manager to join their team.
You will be required to develop and deliver communication strategies and plans that are aligned to the global Sodexo Justice strategy, to inform and engage staff and stakeholders. You will also provide advice, guidance and support to Directors, Senior Management and Line managers on communication and engagement techniques and best practice.
If you are passionate about employee engagement, have proven experience of working within communications and would like the chance to work within this unique environment this is great opportunity for you.
HMP Addiewell is a learning prison, with a strong and concerted focus on learning not to reoffend, relevant skills training and employability and we work with all areas of the wider community to ensure prisoners have the best possible chance of leading positive lives following release. Addiewell opened in 2008 and has become an integral part of the Scottish Prison Service estate earning much praise from (amongst others) HMCIP, for its innovation, use of technology, strong partnership working as well as its âcan doâ culture.Package description
Up to £31,000 dependent on experience
23 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
Performance related bonusMain responsibilities
- Produce and deliver regional communication plans and campaigns to encourage employee engagement, raise awareness and understanding of Justice messages.
- Manage existing and develop new local communication channels, to increase their use and ensure innovative, effective, timely and relevant delivery of messages.
- Act as a communications âsubject matter expert' for local senior managers when planning / executing their own local initiatives, projects and objectives.
- Provide content for Sodexo, Justice and regional communications, internally and externally, to promote our brand, manage our reputation and engage with our people, stakeholders and the public.
- Support the development of senior management and line managers as communicators to ensure effective two-way communication with our people.
- Take ownership of central delegated work packages by planning and controlling Sodexo corporate engagement initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with relevant internal departments including other communication and engagement leads in Sodexo to provide consistency and alignment of communication plans and demonstrate best practice.
- Proven track record of developing and delivering engagement and communication plans and campaigns
- Experience of working in a complex, operational environment
- Understanding of the importance of effective communication and employee engagement
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to foster good working relationships, providing advice, guidance and support at all levels in the organisation
- Flexibility to adapt plans as priorities move and change track
- Aware of the importance of brand reputation and how to carefully manage good and bad news, on a local level.
- Experience of working across a broad range of communication channels, both on and offline
- To confidently present ideas to senior managers and act as a knowledgeable resource
- Written work to be of a high standard
- Confidence in persuading and influencing internal stakeholders
- Professional qualifications in the communications field
- To confidently present to all levels in the business and large audiences
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
|Contact Name||Shona Thomas|
|Telephone||01276 687 000|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist