External Relations OfficerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 28 September 2016
Job Title: External Relations Officer
Department: External Relations
Reports to: Chief External Relations Officer
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Assisting with the planning, implementation and promotion of alumni programmes for the benefit of Glenalmond College. Managing the school and alumni social media channels and organising events for both marketing and alumni relations activities.
Reports: Chief External Relations Officer
Working closely with other members of the team, who are responsible for PR, Corporate Communications and Fundraising. Based on a working week of 35 hours but the nature of the post will require some out of hours and weekend working.
Glenalmond College is one of Scotland’s leading boarding and day schools, with a history dating back to 1847. It currently has around 400 pupils: 80% boarding and 20% day; 75% British and 25% overseas.
The External Relations Department consists of the Marketing, Development, Alumni, Admissions and Administrative functions of the College.
There is a need to maintain numbers from our traditional markets (children from prep schools seeking a boarding senior school), to increase numbers from the local day market and from overseas markets, as well as to expand our reach geographically within the UK.
The need for digital marketing is gaining importance, and this is being developed alongside a full suite of traditional/offline marketing techniques, media and activities.
- Assisting with the planning, implementation and promotion of alumni programmes
- Establishing and building relationships with a wide range of alumni, parents and former staff throughout the world
- Responding to all alumni enquiries, face to face, telephone and electronic
- Assisting with data integrity and data updates on Customer Relationship Management databases (including ISams, Rairser’s Edge etc.), as well as through surveys and event forums
- Engaging senior pupils and educating them about the benefits of the alumni network
- Maintain regular scheduled communications via direct contact, e-comms, relevant social media channels (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Planning and delivering the events programme (at home and overseas) to provide a range of tailored events, including bespoke donor stewardship events, recruitment events etc.
- Managing the administrative aspects of events, to include invitations, guest administration, dealing with enquiries, bookings, guest lists and seating plans etc.
- Organising reunions for alumni on a rolling programme basis, recruiting volunteers and overseeing event organisation
- Working closely with the Team to increase support from alumni, through prospect identification, engagement tracking etc.
- Identifying, supporting and guiding alumni volunteers as required
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by the Chief External Relations Officer or the Warden.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
The post holder needs to be proactive in the planning and implementation of programmes, whilst prioritising in line with the Department’s strategy.
JOB CHALLENGES/PROBLEM SOLVING
Customer relations must always remain the overriding priority. The post holder must have the initiative and flexibility to prioritise tasks which will potentially generate new business above all others.
Internal: Develop positive relationships within the Team, and all internal departments, including teaching staff.
External: Develop positive relationships with prospective parents, external stakeholders, Agents and former pupils.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- PC literate and proficient user of Microsoft and Database packages
- Ability to build strong business relationships internally and externally
- Team Player
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strong Time Management and Priorities Management Skills
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
Interpersonal Skills – able to communicate, interact and work well with others; open to others ideas and inputs; works with others to find a mutually agreeable outcome. Develop managing upwards skills.
Customer Focus – respond promptly to business and stakeholder’s needs; maintain communication and manage expectations; seek feedback to improve service; meet commitments.
Initiative – proactive, self-starter; looks for opportunities for improvement and implements; suggests and develops innovative approaches and ideas; gets involved in new things.
Communication – strong oral and written communication skills; clear and persuasive; listens to others and seeks clarification, contributes and gives input to discussion.
- Driving Licence preferred
|Contact Name||Barbara Clark|
Perth, PH1 3RY
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Social Media AssistantStagecoach UK Bus, perth
- Policy & Communications Team Assistant Scotland Smart Energy GB, edinburgh
- Commercial Social Media ExecutiveHerald & Times Ltd, glasgow
- Customer Service Advisor (£17k-£20kpa)Castle Water, perth-and-kinross
- Resource Planner / MI Data AnalystCastle Water, blairgowrie
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist