Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 25 October 2016
Brand new opportunity within an established agency environment.
Although the studio traffic manager role to date has focused primarily on traditional studio project delivery there will be exciting opportunities ahead and an expectation to progress further into digital project delivery including ebook and microsite development by working in close collaboration with account management, design, digital and proofreading teams.
There will also be an opportunity to improve workflow processes by close interaction with these teams. The successful candidate will therefore be dynamic, adaptable, confident and outgoing thriving on new challenges.
The studio traffic manager is a pivotal role responsible for the day-to-day estimating, scheduling and progression of all work in the studio from inception through to completion. The ability to communicate and engage with other stakeholders in the business is essential.
Expertise in managing daily production assignments to ensure timely delivery of projects to multiple stakeholders is essential. This includes proficiency in analysing and tracking all jobs in the workflow management system including routing jobs through to other relevant departments.
Additionally the studio traffic manager works closely with the studio manager to provide guidance on resource allocation, monitoring of individual staff workload and delivery of project requirements.
- Estimating projects for design, digital and studio work
- Coordinating resource for job assignments throughout studio
- Analysis and monitoring of production schedules including prioritising, reprioritising (where necessary) during peak volumes
- Ensures project deadlines are achieved compliant to brand and specification
- Liaise with creative, proofreading and digital departments ensuring project timelines and budgets are adhered to
- Identify resource gaps in production workflow and provide recommendations to studio manager
- Communicate with various individuals and departments regarding workflow and creative output
- Responsible for purchasing, reporting and analysis of all stock photography requirements
- Analyses studio workflow processes with a view to improve in future
- Perform other job related functions as required
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years background and experience in studio artwork or design production planning and development
- Thorough understanding of studio/design process including basic knowledge of creative software and file setup for production needs
- Can demonstrate proven ability in project planning following a structured workflow process
- Intermediate expertise using Microsoft Office in particular using Word and Excel
- Excellent organisational, project planning and time management skills
- Capable of multi-tasking within an established workflow whilst adhering to service deadlines and budget
- Interpersonal communication skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide clear and succinct information to key stakeholders
- Capable of problem solving by providing advice and effective solutions
- Works well under pressure in a high-paced environment and maintains professionalism and diplomacy in situations of conflict resolution
Salary range is purely dependent on skills & experience with a range of £25,000 - £37,000 + really good benefits. Great working environment too!
FURTHER INFORMATION: This role is exclusive to the Gilchrist Recruitment Partnership. When applying, please submit your CV in a word format, stating your current salary and notice period.
NOTE TO CANDIDATES: We cannot guarantee a reply to your application and will actively contact only those we wish to short list. This is made necessary by the volumes of response we receive. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
FOLLOW US: We post updates, vacancies, industry news and much more on a daily basis on Linked In (please link in with Jill Gilchrist and/or Graham Gibson); Twitter (@JillGilchrist1) and Facebook (GilchristRecruitment) – and of course, our website (gilchrist-recruitment)!
Job Reference: GG1610/TM/Ed/ts
About Gilchrist Recruitment Partnership
The Gilchrist Recruitment Partnership are a new breed of specialist recruitment consultancy specifically within the marketing, digital and creative sector throughout Scotland.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist