Soft Furnishings DesignerVacancy posted: Thursday, 29 September 2016
Soft Furnishings Designer
Taking full responsibility for the whole range of soft furnishings produced by the Company’s in-house Sewing Room, you’ll handle sales opportunities, provide expert advice on bespoke soft furnishings and oversee all production. You’ll be responsible for costing, quoting and project managing all aspects of the Soft Furnishings Team’s activities and, as we pride ourselves on delivering a high quality, on-time product, you’ll understand the importance of excellent customer service.
We’re looking for someone who will:-
- Consult with clients to advise on, design and produce soft furnishings to suit customers’ requirements, creating design/mood boards as necessary.
- Evolve each project as client needs change, ensuring others are kept informed of important differences to the original brief and additional costs addressed.
- Plan and execute projects in a timely manner, prioritising and scheduling purchasing, deliveries, storage and installations effectively.
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors, research and source products, develop an exceptional product knowledge in soft furnishings, in particular our suppliers’ ranges.
- Build on relationships with existing customers and nurture new relationships to generate sales, including products and services provided by other departments, actively developing the business and increasing sales by seeking out client referrals.
- Manage multiple projects from start through to completion and installation, supervising the production of all soft furnishings to ensure on-time completion of work.
- Prepare estimates in line with both business and client requirements, reviewing these on completion to ensure the anticipated profit margin has been achieved.
- Constantly problem solve to find solutions to assist clients in achieving their preferred look, texture and price point, minimising defects to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Take measurements, order stock, prepare specifications and layouts for projects.
- Deliver exceptional customer care, deal with all enquiries promptly and keep customers up-to-date in the event of any delays.
To be successful in this role you must meet the following criteria:-
- Previous experience in a soft furnishings production, manufacturing or retail environment, preferably with a portfolio of past projects.
- Relevant interior design qualification or 5 year’s interior design experience with a strong interest in soft furnishings/textiles.
- An in-depth product knowledge and interest in soft furnishings/textiles is essential - able to use initiative to ensure every project gets the very best creative response possible.
- Commercially driven with a good commercial understanding and able to take full ownership of our soft furnishings business.
- Track record in sales development - previous retail experience would be useful.
- Excellent customer liaison skills with a strong desire to provide excellent service.
- A good eye for detail - must be meticulous and precise, with a methodical approach and a desire for quality to achieve the very best end product for our clients.
- Must be highly organised, efficient and IT literate with excellent time-management skills – able to remain calm under pressure, coordinate multiple projects simultaneously while reacting appropriately to late changes in client requests and fitting schedules.
- Must take pride in your work, be reliable with a strong work ethic and able to work under pressure, to tight timescales.
- Previous line management experience would be useful.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone keen to join a busy team in a role with design and commercial responsibility – you’ll be ready for a new challenge and keen to fully utilise your design skills with a wide range of customers. You’ll play an important part in growing and developing the work of the Soft Furnishings Team.
We are happy to consider applications from those interested in working full-time or part-time or flexibly. You must have a valid driver’s licence and your own transport. The working pattern will be discussed and agreed with successful applications – a full-time role would be 40 hours per week, including working on Saturdays 9.00am – 1.00pm.
If you feel you’re the right candidate for this role, please forward your CV outlining your background and experience along with a covering letter explaining your interest by clicking on apply now.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist