Junior DesignerVacancy posted: Tuesday, 11 October 2016
Salary: Living Wage
Job ref. no.: Junior Designer
Rate: Living Wage
Hours: 40hrs per week Monday to Friday dayshift
Glencairn Studio is a family business with 30 years of experience in crystal/glassware supply and decoration. From our East Kilbride factory, we supply high quality products to a worldwide customer base. Reporting to the Design Manager you will work as part of the Design team displaying the technical, creative and organisational skills required to work on creative projects as well as supporting production with more routine tasks on a regular basis.
- Reporting to the Design Manager and working to deliver the company’s design requirements.
- Transpose client provided artwork into a workable format for glass design.
- Interpret written/technical client briefs to create bespoke design for glass decoration and packaging.
- Liaise with clients (verbal & written) to develop high-end design of packaging and glass products.
- Liaise with manufacturing to ensure production of quality transfers, print materials etc.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure the company and clients design requirements are achieved.
- Provide support for Sales and Marketing, PR and online activity.
- Work with wider design team to develop ideas and concepts.
KEY ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong computer skills in Corel Draw & Adobe Creative suite (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Strong illustration skillset, ability to visualise ideas and create by hand at development stage.
- Educated to HND Level Design (minimum requirement)
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workloads, manage multiple projects.
- Creative thinker with the ability to ‘get to the essence’ of a brief quickly.
- Ability to collaborate with people across different departments.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Exceptional team player, not afraid of being visible on a project.
- Committed to finding more efficient ways of working – Continuous Improvement & Problem Solving.
- Desire and ability to deliver and promote a culture of excellent service for our internal and external clients.
- Ability to hit the ground running, comfortable working to short deadlines in a non-directive environment.
- Adhere to the company’s core values through working relationships, attitude and behaviour.
- Not essential but highly beneficial
- Basic understanding of 3-D modelling
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist