Care AssistantVacancy posted: Monday, 10 October 2016
Salary: £16516.50 to £18018.00
Dundonald House Nursing Home is currently seeking to fill a Care Assistant post in our award winning Care Home.
Job Title: Care Assistant
Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire
Organisation: Dundonald House Nursing Home Ltd
Dundonald House Nursing Home is looking for an experienced Care Assistant to join their friendly, family owned award-winning business. The role will be based in the outskirts of the village of Dundonald, near to Irvine, Kilmarnock and Troon.
The post holder will be required to support services users with all aspects of daily living skills, which include personal care, assisting and promoting independence and to provide positive social and recreational activities and outcomes. Providing person centred care and support within a care home environment.
You will be required to undertake a range of training to ensure that you meet the requirements of Dundonald House Nursing Home Ltd, and your professional body the SSSC (Scottish Social Services Council) to ensure we can provide the best possible outcomes for the people who use the service.
The successful candidate will be required to achieve and maintain membership of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme and must be able to meet the requirements of the SSSC within regulatory timescales.
Key Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- The Post holder will be required to deliver high quality person centred care and support to service users demonstrating best practice. Using a holistic approach to support interventions, this should be focused on achieving the best outcome/s for the individual.
- The Post holder will at all times will adhere to the National Care Standards (Scotland).
- The post-holder has a responsibility to ensure that they adhere to the care home’s policies & procedures and the SSSC at all times, ensuring dignity, privacy and respect for service users and their family members at all times.
- The Post Holder will also be required to participate in a range of social activities which are provided on a daily basis to service users. Activities being suitable to the individual based on their preferences, choices, physical and mental abilities.
- The Post holder will undertake training as required to meet the needs of Services users, e.g. Dementia Care, Managing Stress and Distress, Moving & Handling, Infection Control etc. this is an example of training you may be required to undertake and not a complete list.
- Full time 38.5 hours per week
Day duty 8am – 8pm
Night duty 8pm – 8am
Salary: £16516 - £18108 (Depending on experience, qualifications)
- flexible shift pattern
- regular supervision and appraisal sessions
- free access to e learning courses to enhance professional development
- work place pension
Further information: – If you are a dedicated professional who is interested in a career in person-centred care of the elderly with a diagnosis of dementia, then we would like to hear from you - press the “Apply” button today.
About Dundonald House:
Dundonald House is a warm, friendly and caring multi award winning Home that specialises in promoting small group living, with the Home being divided into small units with no more than 8/10 service users in a lounge or dining area. We are able to offer support to individuals who may require a complex range of care, whether this is due to physical and or mental impairment.
The home has two buildings in total caring for 90 residents, set in extensive landscaped grounds and gardens, with on-site coffee shop and hairdressing salon for use by residents, staff and families.
Dundonald House has mental health nurse led 24 hour care for our residents, and staff also have access to a wide range of free accredited e learning courses at their disposal to help build on their knowledge base, and help continue with personal development.
Dundonald House also works closely with SVQ/nursing tutors from Ayrshire College and UWS who regularly visit to help support staff who are undertaking relevant qualifications.
|Contact Name||Stephen Maxwell|
|Address||Old Loans Road
Ayrshire KA2 9DB
Dundonald House is a warm, friendly, caring award winning Home that specialises in promoting small group living with the Home being divided into small units with no more than 8/10 service users in a lounge or dining area. The home has two buildings set in extensive landscaped grounds and gardens. Dundonald New House opened in January 2012 and provides accommodation for 42 service users, with the existing home providing accommodation for up to 48 service users.Company profile View all jobs with Dundonald House Nursing Home
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Support WorkerAilsa Care / Response, ayr
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist