StoriiCare Activity TherapistVacancy posted: Friday, 30 September 2016
Job ref. no.: StoriiCareTherapist
You will work closely with our newly on-boarded clients to train their staff in effective usage of the StoriiCare platform and various therapies it supports, such as Reminiscence Therapy and Life Story work.
You will run therapy sessions with care recipients in specific organisations, and communicate back any difficulties or problems clients have when using the platform.
- Develop programmes for individual and group reminiscence therapy, music therapy and life story work
- Promote engaging sessions by selecting and constructing sessions according to individual's physical capacity, intelligence level, and interest
- Run StoriiCare sessions within client homes daily
- Develop and share best practices with team members to enhance the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of our overall support of customers
- Computer literacy (use of iPads will be an everyday occurrence)
- Experience working with people in care or with dementia
- Preferably a past member of care home staff
- The ability to think outside the box and work under pressure
- Enthusiasm, sensitivity and patience to deal with care recipients with a range of needs
- A strong desire to help people
You will be working in Scotland, mainly around Glasgow and Edinburgh and will be required to travel.
You will need to have a valid UK driving license.
You will be working for 35 hours per week. 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
As part of the recruitment process we will conduct various disclosure checks:
- If you have a Valid PVG from Disclosure Scotland – required for work with protected adults under Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 then we will ask to see a PVG Scheme Record. If you don’t have a valid PVG, if the application progresses to that point, we will pay for one.
- We will also conduct criminal records checks and checks on the children and adults’ barred lists from the Disclosure and Barring Service
|Contact Name||Cameron Graham|
|Telephone||0141 243 2027|
12 Renfield Street
An exciting global tech company with Glasgow based Headquarters.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist