Registered Nurse RGN RMNVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Location: North Berwick
Job ref. no.: Astley 3
We are looking for a dynamic Nurse to join the team here at Astley House in North Berwick. If your a Nurse with passion for Elderly Care that is a Registered General Nurse or RNM who is looking to build on there skills and become a valued member of staff Astley House could be for you.
Job Title: Registered Nurse (either RNM or RGN)
Based: Astley House Care Home, North Berwick
The Company: Fairfield Care Scotland
Salary: £15.00-£16.00 per hour
The Role – Astley House is currently seeking a Registered General Nurse or RMN working on a 2 week rolling rota. This is a full time hands-on nursing post; you will need to be extremely reliable and very dynamic.
Based in Astley House Care Home, surrounded by picturesque scenery, with access to the seashore, Astley House is a warm and homely environment for all providing the perfect blend of traditional and modern while retaining the charming period features of our home. If you have a real desire to provide good old fashioned quality care and wish to work for an award winning organisation, then you may be who we are looking for.
As the business provides a caring, comfortable and homely environment for mature ladies and gentlemen, it is essential that you have a genuine interest in caring for the elderly and the provision of supported living within a warm and caring environment.
Working collaboratively with a small yet dedicated team, not only will you deliver outstanding personal care, you’ll be linking in with other members of staff, in the planning of residents care and will keep them, and family members, regularly updated and informed.
Key Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure that all nursing and care staff, deliver and document care in accordance with best delegate
- Assess the resident’s physical, psychological and social needs and draw up a care plan – continuously evaluating thereafter
- Assist residents to maximise their comfort, dignity and independence.
- Comply with the NMC Code of Conduct at all times.
- Accept responsibility for the safety of medication in store and on the trolley during dispensing rounds – managing and replenish stocks effectively and economically
- Work co-operatively with activities staff - ensuring residents spiritual and social needs are met
- Proactively develop professional and clinical skills in order to enhance the knowledge and skills needed for safe and effective practice
Essential Experience & Skills:
- RGN / RMN Qualified
- NMC Registration
- At least one year of nursing experience
- Genuine interest in working with the relevant client group
Desirable Experience & Skills:
- Post-basic course in Elderly Care
Salary:£15.00-£16.00 per hour.
Job Share considered
43.75 p/w 38.5 p/w
Fairfield Care Scotland is a well-respected award winning, family owned company with an excellent track record & extensive experience in providing person-centred care to the highest of standards. We believe in dignity, choice and independence for all.Company profile View all jobs with Fairfield Care Scotland
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist