Care AssistantVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: 8.25 per hour
Location: North Berwick
Job ref. no.: Astley-8
Job Title: Care Assistant - Job Share considered
Based: Astley House Care Home, North Berwick
The Company: Fairfield Care Scotland
Salary: £8.25per hour
The Role – Fairfield Care Scotland is looking for an experienced, compassionate Care Assistant to join their friendly, award-winning business. The role will be based in Astley House Care Home. Surrounded by picturesque scenery, with access to the seashore, Astley House is a warm and homely environment for all providing the perfect blend of traditional and modern while retaining the charming period features of our home.
As the business provides a caring, comfortable and homely environment for mature ladies and gentlemen, it is essential that you have a genuine interest in caring for the elderly and the provision of supported living within a warm and caring environment.
As Care Assistant, you’ll know how to get the best out of people, and you’ll know how to get things done discretely. A skilled and confident communicator, you’ll use your positive “can do” mind-set to provide the highest standard of person-centric care and support to all residents, who have general problems associated with the elderly, as directed by, and under the supervision of Supervisors and Manager.
You role will be to help meet the residents needs and requirements, but more importantly, you will help them achieve their full potential, as far as possible, and encourage respect, privacy, dignity, independence and personal choice, making them feel right at home at all times.
Working collaboratively with a small yet dedicated team, not only will you deliver outstanding personal care, you’ll be linking in with other members of staff, in the planning of residents care and will keep them, and family members, regularly updated and informed.
Key Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Promote the highest standards of care within the home
- Attend to the comfort and personal care of residents
- Plan, implement and supervise the provision of quality care
- Maintain any records and documentation
- Uphold residents’ rights to privacy, dignity and choice
- Report any ill health amongst residents and request professional visits where necessary
- Be familiar with and strictly adhere to company policy and procedure and Care Commission guidelines
- All general housekeeping duties including preparation of meals trays and clearing up.
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Completed SVQ 2 Qualification – or must be willing to work towards qualification in the first three months of employment
- Experience in the Care Sector/ Care of older people
- Have experience with Care Homes or similar environments
- The ability to communicate effectively at a high level at all times
- Genuine interest in working with the relevant client group
- Satisfactory PVG check
Hourly Rate: £8.25
Further information: – If you are a dedicated professional who is interested in a career in the person-centric care of the elderly, then we would love to hear from you - press the “Apply” button today.
Fairfield Care Scotland Ltd is a well-respected, award winning, family owned company with an excellent track record and extensive experience in providing Person-Centred Care to the highest of standards.
Fairfield Care Scotland is a well-respected award winning, family owned company with an excellent track record & extensive experience in providing person-centred care to the highest of standards. We believe in dignity, choice and independence for all.Company profile View all jobs with Fairfield Care Scotland
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist