Support WorkerVacancy posted: Monday, 17 October 2016
Salary: £7.20 per hour
Closing date: 14 November 2016
Job Title: Support Worker
Line Manager: Charge Nurse
Purpose: To support the multi-disciplinary team to deliver a high standard of nursing and therapeutic care to service users with an acquired brain injury
Key Accountabilities :
- To assist service users with all aspects of their personal care and hygiene needs in accordance with unit standards
- To assist with therapeutic and rehabilitation programmes as agreed by the multi-disciplinary team
- To assist patients/clients with all aspects of daily living (continence, feeding etc.)
- As part of a team approach, develop a therapeutic and trusting relationship with patients/clients; and engage with relatives and friends
- To provide accurate clinical records and provide feedback, both written and verbal, to multi-disciplinary team
- To play an active and participative role in the Social Activities Programmes
- To attend and participate in appropriate clinical and centre meetings (where shift allows)
- To take responsibility and ownership over own personal and professional development, including attendance on all internal and external training programmes and regular Clinical Supervision sessions
- To ensure knowledge of and compliance to all legislative and company policies – including Health & Safety, Accident procedures, Safeguarding Adults and complaint handling
- To recognise and understand the roles and responsibilities working in the health care team
- Use appropriate infection control procedures and maintain work areas so they are clean, safe and free from hazards reporting any potential risks identified
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk in the care of patients
- Ensure own actions are consistent with clinical governance systems
- Practice in accordance with agreed standards of care
- Act in ways that recognise the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with procedures
- Respect the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients/clients
Skills / Experience:
- SVQ 2 or ability/willingness to achieve qualification
- Good communicator on all levels
- Experienced in working as part of a team
- Flexible and caring approach
- Knowledge of patient confidentiality
- Good documentation and writing skills
- Experience of working in a health care environment
- SSSC registration or to be registered within 3 months of joining
- Inter personal sensitivity
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Stress tolerance
- Written communication skills
- Customer service orientation
Murdostoun Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre is an award-winning 47 bed campus across two units.
The Neurological Care Centre can care for up to 26 residents and provides continuing neurological care.
The Brain Injury Rehabilitation Unit is a registered hospital and can accommodate up to 21 clients and specialises in brain injury rehabilitation.
Both units work together to be able to provide specialist person-centred assessments and treatment to those with an acquired brain injury or complex neurological condition.
The centre is located in Newmains, Wishaw which is close to both Glasgow and Edinburgh.
We employ staff in a variety of different roles and provide ongoing support with comprehensive training, learning and development opportunities.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist