Staff NurseVacancy posted: Monday, 17 October 2016
Salary: £13.69 per hour
Closing date: 14 November 2016
Job Title: Staff Nurse
Line Manager: Charge Nurse
Purpose: To provide high standards of nursing and therapeutic care in the rehabilitation of brain injured patients; and through membership of the multi-disciplinary team, provide supervision and guidance to Rehabilitation Assistants/Support Workers
Key Accountabilities :
- To maintain and develop professional nursing standards and practice (in line with policies, procedures and philosophy)
- To assess and deliver effective individual care and treatment towards the rehabilitation of patients
- To undertake the role of Keyworker
- To be accountable or own professional practice; and improving knowledge and competence by attending both internal and external training/development initiatives
- To provide and maintain high standards of clinical documentation, ensuring patient confidentiality at all times
- To actively participate in clinical meetings promoting, reviewing and initiating relevant changes to patient care
- To effectively co-ordinate the shift, including allocation of patients, supervision of Rehabilitation Assistants/ Support Workers, effective delegation of nursing duties and ensuring the safety of the unit
To ensure knowledge of and compliance to all legislative and company policies – including Health & Safety, Accident procedures and complaint handling
Skills / Experience:
- To administer and store all medication in accordance with NMC standards and company policies and procedures
- To participate in audit programmes and be involved in implementing outcome measures
- To participate in staff reviews and identify all relevant training needs, in line with company Learning and Development approach
- To ensure nursing practice is evidence and research based
- To take responsibility for own developmental learning and performance, including participation in supervision
- To recognise and understand the roles and responsibilities of individuals working in the health care team
- Use appropriate infection control procedures and maintain work areas in that they are clean, safe and free from hazards reporting of any potential risks identified
- Respect the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs, of privacy of patients/clients
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk in the care of patients
- Ensure own actions are consistent with clinical governance systems
- Practice in accordance with agreed standards of care
- Act in ways that recognise the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with procedures
- Providing Direction
- Inter-Personal Sensitivity
- Management Control
- Written Communication Skills
- Career & Self Development
- Oral Communication Skills
- Customer Service Orientation
Murdostoun Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre is an award-winning 47 bed campus across two units.
The Neurological Care Centre can care for up to 26 residents and provides continuing neurological care.
The Brain Injury Rehabilitation Unit is a registered hospital and can accommodate up to 21 clients and specialises in brain injury rehabilitation.
Both units work together to be able to provide specialist person-centred assessments and treatment to those with an acquired brain injury or complex neurological condition.
The centre is located in Newmains, Wishaw which is close to both Glasgow and Edinburgh.
We employ staff in a variety of different roles and provide ongoing support with comprehensive training, learning and development opportunities.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist