Hseq Co-ordinatorVacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Closing date: 11 November 2016
Reports To: As Designated; QHSE Manager
Company: Edgen Murray
FLSA Code: Exempt
Support the QHSE Manager with the maintenance and development of Edgen Murray Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Management and within specified Edgen Group companies and rep offices following strict adherence to external and internal process guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for development and maintenance of all documentation and compliance with OHSAS18001 and ISO14001.
- Assist the QHSE Manager with duties in relation to supplier audits, visiting external suppliers when needed.
- Carry out internal HSE and Quality audits to identify non conformances, creating and maintaining reports ensuring resolution.
- Identifying improvements to the management system and propose changes to management, maintaining all related system documentation, and oversee the effectiveness of the system.
- Supporting the QHSE Manager to ensure that all Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality problems are resolved in a timely manner and maintain records of all non-conformances.
- Supervision of the safety procedures within the warehouse/yard and assist in the implementation of the safety management system, review system with management on a annual basis
- Reviews and prepare HSE plans
- Participate in customer and/or third party certification audits
- Provide support during emergency response.
- Conduct HSEQ inductions.
- Ensure risk management process is applied to all activities.
- Implement and monitor KPI’s as part of the HSEQ plan.
- Ability and willingness to travel when required.
- Ensure that new and revised legalisation is implemented.
- Additional ad hoc duties may be assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Relevant work experience in a similar role.
Detailed knowledge of OHSAS18001 and ISO14001
Extensive knowledge of local HSE Legislations and/or Certified Safety Officer
NEBOSH Qualification or equivalent
Internal Auditor OHSAS18001, ISO14001
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Certified lead auditor in HSE International Systems
Internal Auditor ISO9001
Knowledge of ISO9001
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office including word and excel
Experience of management information and commercial systems
About Edgen Murray Europe ltd
Edgen Murray, a subsidiary of Sumitomo Corporation, is a leading global supplier of specialized products for worldwide energy and infrastructure markets. We manage procurement and provide value-added services and delivery of high-performance plate, sections, pipe, fittings, flanges, and valves. Our global distribution platform expands across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia Pacific region.
We service our customers from more than 30 locations worldwide and go beyond traditional sourcing by offering experienced project management teams whom are knowledgeable about the applications we service and our product offerings. Our staff is able to ensure that all of your commercial needs, technical requirements, and project schedules are met with precision - no matter where in the world the project is located.
We leverage our vendor relationships, resources, expertise, and scale to partner with our customers and meet the largest, most complex, and demanding procurement challenges in the world.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Quality Assurance / Health And Safety ManagerJTC Furniture Group, dundee
- Health and Safety AdvisorRoevin, grangemouth
- Health & Safety Environmental ManagerPMK Civil Engineering Ltd, lanarkshire-south
- Regional Health And Safety ManagerLifeways Community Care, glasgow
- Project Manager/CoordinatorHarvey Nash, aberdeen
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist