Procurement SpecialistVacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Salary: £38000 - £42000 per annum
Closing date: 21 October 2016
Job ref. no.: Req/408435
Do you have Procurement experience within the Electronics market and looking for an exciting opportunity?
Looking to join an organisation on the up?
I have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Specialist based in the East coast,
* Reviews purchase requests for completeness and compliance with company requirements.
* Coordinate purchasing activities with engineering and planning departments to acquire inventory in cost effective and timely manner.
* Processes purchase requisitions, purchase change orders and requests for quotes to suppliers.
* Responsible for procurement business system data input and integrity; creates and maintains supplier database information, error report analysis, and part number/supplier code information in an ERP system.
* SAP Operations (Tactical, Ongoing Maintenance and Clean-Up Efforts and Streamlining Efforts)
* Assist others in buying, developing specifications, or selecting sources
* Monitors costs/expenses and negotiates with suppliers on cost, quality and delivery terms
* Adapts differing techniques and methods to deal with variations in work conditions and operations to solve complex problems
* Provides training on key system improvement initiatives and measures that are critical to the business
Qualifications and Requirements
You will have a proven knowledge of electrical manufacturing in a purchasing environment, preferably within a highly regulated work place. You will have an in-depth working knowledge of MRP and possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
You will be able to demonstrate a wealth of experience in supplier sourcing, assessment and relationship development including negotiating specific terms of contracts. This highly dynamic role encounters varying work situations, involving some complexity and as such considerable independent judgement and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. You should demonstrate judgement, tact, and diplomacy when dealing with internal and external customers and possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude with am ability to adapt to an ever changing environment.
If you have the relevant experience and welcome a challenge within a highly diverse environment, please call Darren Christie on 0141 272 7797 or apply directly.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
|Contact Name||Darren Christie|
|Telephone||0141 272 7797|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist