SHEQ OfficerVacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Location: Bridge of Weir
Closing date: 11 November 2016
Would you thrive on the opportunity to co-ordinate and improve health and safety in an established but innovative company?
Can you ensure that all incidents are documented accurately and efficiently, whilst inspiring a safer culture at work?
If you are pro-active and enthusiastic and believe that you are the right candidate to support SLG Technology on its journey to excellence, then please read on.
The SHEQ Officer will manage the standards, processes, and training associated with health, safety, environmental performance and product quality to enable the business to meet and exceed its objectives. You will be expected to assist in driving company and group initiatives in the pursuit of continuous improvement within the Health and Safety function.
- Promote company-wide safe practices, procedures and behaviours through active engagement with workforce and management, to achieve improvements in safety culture.
- Ensure all systems policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments covering the scope of company operations.
- Carry out health and safety inductions, risk assessments and audits, including IMS audits, within the workplace.
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are documented and investigated and that improvements are subsequently implemented.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant health and safety qualification – NEBOSH or NCRQ (or equivalent) and committed to continued personal development.
- Ability to communicate with clarity and confidence.
- Able to work with minimum supervision using initiative and self-motivation.
- Flexible, co-operative and assertive when required.
- Familiar with MS Office essential. Experience with QPulse and Safety Media e-learning would be advantageous.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist