Cost / Finance AnalystVacancy posted: Friday, 7 October 2016
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
Location: Argyll and Bute
This is a great opportunity to join a strong long standing business involved in food production as a Finance / Cost Analyst.
You will be responsible for maintaining the standard costs of the production line, analysis of variances, updating and accounting for labour and overhead costs and stock valuations. You will be responsible for analysing ingredient costs and analysing gross margin and providing support to pricing policies. You will also play a key role in the integration and development of a new ERP system and be able to provide value-add analysis and reporting using financial models.
- Setting standard costs
- Ensure reporting system is accurate
- Analysing actual manufacturing costs and comparing to standard and reporting/explaining reasons for variances
- Developing the cost and reporting systems
- Provide clarity in management information reporting for all aspects of gross margin
- Prepare forecast cost estimates for quotation/pricing purposes
- Support the budgeting process through modelling of reports
- Work with Production on projects looking at efficiencies
- Monthly inventory valuation
- Assisting in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory
- Various accounting and ad hoc duties including month end reporting cover for FC
Key Skills & Attributes
- Able to demonstrate a strong track record of cost management and reporting within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of WIP and by-products would be preferable but not essential.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to assist the wider team and other departments.
- Proven track record of working to deadlines with high attention to detail
- Ability to work with own initiative and independently.
- Experience of managing systems, stock control, ERP systems and proficient in Excel.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills will be essential
If this role interests you and you are a confident individual looking to raise standards, then please forward a copy of your CV to or contact Adam Bernard on
|Contact Name||Adam Bernard|
About First Achieve Resource
First Achieve is exclusively a focused Food & Drink resource consultancy offering an extremely specialised and persona service.
We strongly believe our business is operated by industry specialists who have the understanding of your sector on a first hand basis. This coupled with robust resourcing tools and dedication puts First Achieve in a strong position to deliver time after time.
Key areas we cover in the sector:-
- Executive positions
- Sales, Account Management & Marketing
- Technical, Quality & NPD Management
- Production & Operations Management
- Supply Chain, Logistics
- Planning & Procurement
- Finance & Accounts
- Hospitality Management
Please feel free to get in touch on 0141-353-9496.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist