Head Of ManufacturingVacancy posted: Friday, 30 September 2016
Salary: £Excellent + 6% Pension
A Head of Manufacturing is required for a full time position to work for one of the UK's most innovative young companies, also a World leader in electronic systems for small satellites and CubeSats. Leading a rapidly expanding team of 20 highly skilled production and test resources, suitable candidates will be responsible for ensuring that spacecraft equipment is manufactured and delivered effectively, efficiently, on-time, in a cost effective manner, to specification, and quality. Experience of working in a mid-volume production environment is highly desirable. This role will include management responsibility for manufacturing output, facilities, and H&S.
- Increased production throughput and improved On-Time Delivery.
- Efficient scheduling of resources and minimising Manufacturing Cycle Time.
- Reduction in quality defects.
- Optimal use for facilities with significance on H&S.
- High staff morale.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of the production, test, and procurement teams, including scheduling activities, distributing workload, prioritising workflow, setting and communicating targets, and mentoring and developing staff.
- Reporting to the Head of Operations and contributing to the rapid development of the business, through continuous improvement and workflow efficiency.
- Close interaction with the wider team to ensure clear communication with the Engineering, Project Management, Sales, and Finance functions, and Suppliers.
- Maintaining and reporting production and stock status to minimise downtime and effectively schedule and prioritise workload.
- Defining the production facility layout, tools and processes, to optimise the use of space and resources, and improve productivity, yield and cost.
- Responsibility for the Health, Safety, and Environment of the workforce.
- Create and deliver the Manufacturing plan to meet the defined budget and company growth plans.
- Support maintenance and development of ISO9001:2008 Quality Management System.
The candidate should demonstrate:
- Experience of mid-volume manufacture of electro-mechanical product in a clean room environment.
- Experience of managing a manufacturing team, including demonstration of leadership, decision making, problem solving, communication, influencing, negotiating, and assertiveness.
- Experience of supply chain and stock management, including expediting, lead-time reduction, inventory management, work in progress control, packaging & shipping.
- Experience of Manufacturing Engineering, including plant layout, waste elimination, continuous improvement, engineering change control.
- Implementation and use of ERP/MRP systems.
- Quality management and delivering to Business/Customer requirements.
- Experience of H&S in a manufacturing environment and ESD handling.
- Professional and positive approach.
- Strong in building relationships and able to communicate at all levels.
- Team player, and able to work on own initiative.
- Manufacturing Degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrate Lean Manufacturing experience in a low volume environment.
- PC literate with Word, Excel & PowerPoint skills.
Please submit CV and covering letter. Please ensure you quote the reference HOM1 in the subject line of the email.
Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist