Payroll ManagerVacancy posted: Friday, 17 February 2017
Salary: circa £30k PA DOE + benefits
Due to company expansion, we are currently recruiting for a Payroll Manager to support and manage our employee payroll process. This is an exciting new role and an opportunity to join our progressive company.
Allied Vehicles are one of the UK’s leading vehicle manufacturers and through our innovative products and services, we have gained a reputation for excellence. We work with some of the biggest names in the motor industry and produce a wide range of ground-breaking vehicles for the taxi and the mobility markets. We also have a full Aftersales department that covers all aspects of vehicle maintenance and repair. Our current headcount is close to 600 employees, so this role is high volume and fast paced.
If you are an experienced Payroll Manager, preferably from the automotive or production industry, we would love to hear from you. Our standards are high therefore we will only consider candidates who have the appropriate skills.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage the completion of monthly WAGES payroll reports / weekly productive efficiency report.
- Manage the complete processing of payroll, i.e. calculation, pay slips, BACS processing and starters and leavers. SSP, SMP, SPP calculations and all related payments payments (e.g. sales commissions, inland revenue, wage arrestment’s etc.).
- Support the administration of the time and attendance Astrow system which is used to pay approx. 300 productive employees, monitoring holidays and other absences for all staff.
- Manage all year end processes e.g. P11D, Year End routine.
- Manage key relationships to achieve positive outcomes i.e. with Managers, Employees and External Bodies, including the Company Pension Scheme.
- Ensure full understanding, compliance and application of all Company Standard Procedures.
- Keep abreast of payroll related legislation changes and support in any systems enhancements or changes to new systems, to increase efficiency across the payroll function. Also, maintain own professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in training to keep skills and knowledge updated.
- Recruit, manage, train, lead and motivate direct reporting staff according to Company procedures, policy and employment law.
- Provide coaching and support through regular 1-2-1’s, appraisals and training to direct reports, to further enhance their performance.
You must be fully proficient in the use of payroll systems – previous experience of using the Access payroll system would be highly desirable. You must have basic computer literacy and be strong in your communication and influencing skills. It is essential that you are a quality-conscious worker, as you will be responsible for high levels of detail in your daily work tasks. A full UK driving licence would also be desirable.
Salary on offer is circa £30k PA DOE. Working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm. In return, we offer 30 days holiday (inc bank hols), Group Pension Scheme, Group Life Scheme, Car Lease Scheme and Internal Aftersales Discounts.
If you meet our criteria and would like to be part of our friendly and pleasant working environment in the North of Glasgow, please forward your CV via the APPLY NOW button.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Disability Confident Initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themselves to be disabled and who meets the requirements for the post.
****NO AGENCIES PLEASE****
|Contact Name||Val Wells|
|Telephone||0141 336 1226|
|Address||23 Lomond Street
Headquartered in Glasgow, the Allied Vehicles Group has grown rapidly to become the UK's leading special purpose vehicle manufacturer. Established in 1993, the company employs more than 580 people and has an annual turnover in excess of Â£120 million.Company profile View all jobs with Allied Vehicles
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist