Distilling And Bottling ManagerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Salary: úCompetitive depending on experience
Closing date: 09 November 2016
Glen Grant is one of the best-selling single malt distillers worldwide, part of the Campari Group, we are based in the stunning area of Rothes in Banffshire.
We are recruiting a rather special person to fill the role of Distilling and Bottling Manager to coordinate the full cycle of activities and processes involved from malt barley delivery to bottled product dispatch at our distillery on Speyside.
What the role involves
- oversee all aspects of the production of new spirit through each stage of the process; raw material scheduling & receipt, milling, mashing, fermentation, distillation, maturation, dumping, bottling preparation and product dispatch, including distillery coproducts
- responsible for the Warehouse, Planning and Logistic departments along with the control of Contractors on site
- chairing safety meetings and coordinate staffing to accommodate attendance at plant meetings and programmes
- conducting regular plant rounds, inspecting equipment, process streams, and the physical plant
- Develop and refine opportunities to improve efficiency, production quality, safety, and the environment
- Staff training to ensure all team members are working at a proficient level, monitoring performance, and continually foster their ongoing development - creating and updating SOP’s and work instructions as well as advancing ISO initiatives and the continued refinement of standard implementation
- Source and order repair/maintenance parts and be part of the call team to cover out of hours’ breakdowns and safety checks
- Supplier communication to agree/modify delivery schedules of raw materials as needed for the production plan and current inventories
- Determines and communicates the implications of the process disruptions to the other effected parties and revises production plans when disruptions in the process.
- Collects and manages operational data for HMRC, SAP tracking, KPIs, inventory control, budgetary purposes, and legal compliance. Collects and interprets historic data from the distillery control system for continual process improvement.
- Participates in team project initiatives that require the application of various technical disciplines.
What we need from you
It goes without saying that you will possess excellent verbal communication and written skills and be a motivational leader with sound knowledge of HSE legislation and ISO requirements.
A qualification in Engineering or a related science field is desirable along with a mechanical aptitude and the ability to troubleshoot equipment issues
Computer programming or control system experience is a distinct plus coupled with a minimum 10 years’ beverage manufacturing experience in a production management capacity.
What’s in it for you?
As if working for a globally respected brand is not enough we offer a comprehensive package to include –
- A highly competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Company pension scheme
- Private Medical scheme
- Private Dental Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Stock allowance
Roles like this are rare, don’t delay, get in touch with us immediately.
About Glen Grant Ltd
Glen Grant is a genuine Single Malt Scotch, established in 1840 and is currently the world's No. 5 best seller, renowned for its clear colour and pure taste, deriving from the purifiers and tall slender stills. Glen Grant also distinguishes itself for its quality, authenticity and versatility. It is distributed internationally and enjoys a market leader position in Italy. Gruppo Campari acquired the brand in 2008 and is a major player in the global branded beverage industry, with a portfolio of over 50 premium and super premium brands in over 190 countries worldwide.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist