PackerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 5 October 2016
Salary: £7.20 per hour basic / £9.00 per hour overtime
Responsible To: Team Leader
Principle Contacts: Machine Controller
Rate of Pay: Basic £7.20ph
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week (see shift pattern)
Other benefits: Holidays (29 Days), Pension, Opportunities to progress
Overall Purpose of the Post:
To complete customer orders as quickly and efficiently as possible and ensure that our customer specifications are continually met. Special attention should be given to the quality of the product during all stages of the production process. Staff should carry out their duties as instructed during their training and ensure Health and Safety standards are complied with at all times.
Key Result Areas:
- Continually deliver a high standard of work output which does not compromise our quality and health and safety standards.
- Achieve consistently the product quality standard required for each customer and be alert and communicate any raw material or finished product quality issues to your Team Leader.
Health & Safety
- In the performance of your work comply with your statutory duty to work in a safe and responsible way towards fellow employees, the company, suppliers, customers and visitors.
- Ensure that your work area and department are kept tidy in a hazard free environment.
- Look to avoid hostility and blame and look more to respect, openness and honesty with fellow employees.
- Ensure the continual use of effective communication channels.
Key Activities of the Post:
- Prepare a variety of vegetables to customer specification.
- Ensure that the quality of the produce meets stringent quality guidelines.
- Label and price packs of pre-prepared vegetables.
- Use technology required as per training.
- Grade and bag a variety of produce.
- Prepare pallets of produce for distribution to customer depots.
- Operate, feed and clean a variety of machinery.
- Transfer produce from different areas of the factory to designated machine controllers.
- Work flexibly within and across departments and sites in order to meet the continually changing needs of the business.
- Provide reasonable overtime cover for absences and unexpected customer requirements.
- Provide trays in a timely manner to production line, either by hand or pallet truck.
- Ensure that housekeeping standards are achieved.
- Demonstrate due diligence in the management of waste product or material.
- Ensure that all machinery is switched off when not in use to save power in line with the company energy efficiencies.
- Ensure that all equipment and technology is operated according to the manufacturers and the company’s expectations.
- Ensure the company hygiene, Health and safety regulations are followed.
This list highlights the key activities of the post. However, it should be noted that this is not an exhaustive list and other duties will be required to be fulfilled on a daily and ongoing basis
Things to know:
You will be asked to confirm your right to work in the UK (Birth Certificate / Passport)
- You will be asked to provide a National Insurance Number
- In order for you to be paid, you will asked to provide bank account details
- 3 Month Probation Period with reviews at 6 and 12 weeks
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist