Manufacturing TechnicianVacancy posted: Thursday, 13 October 2016
Salary: Excellent Benefits
Closing date: 12 November 2016
Job ref. no.: 38576BR
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
Our four premier brands - Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
For more information, please visit .
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician
Reports To: Manufacturing Supervisor
Position Location: Inchinnan, Paisley
- Responsible for ensuring that the daily requirements for the manufacture of cell culture media and reagents are met and that performance expectations are achieved on a constant basis.Manufacture Cell - Culture Media for use in the biotech industry that is scientific in nature by following established protocols and instructions.
- Operate semi-automated and automated equipment.
- Follow established protocols, instructions, scheduled tasks and activities independently.Perform in-process testing to assure batches meet specification.
- With the assistance of others, trouble shoot processes, procedures and product issues.
- Balance multiple tasks and prioritize critical tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the use of basic computer knowledge.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet standards as defined by the manufacturing process.
- Follow established procedures as defined by training and SOPs.
- Seek advice from available resources at times of uncertainty.Demonstrate good time management resulting in efficiency.
- Support cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures and improving within Health and Safety guidelines.Demonstrate a good work ethic.
- Exhibit a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate a good eye for detail.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Take initiative to suggest new procedures.
- Support Department objectives/metrics.
- Take responsibility and be accountable for actions. Perform tasks using IT equipment and packaging machinery.
- Support Department be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Experience in a similar industry would be beneficial. However will consider internal or external candidates as full training will be provided. Individual must show a passion for this type of work and this industry and must be driven to continuously improve and fully engage in any initiatives that the team undertakes to make things better.
Has contact with all Cell Culture employees. Will liaise extensively with all other departments on matters relating to quality and service in order to uphold the Company's commitment to Customer satisfaction. This involves working with people at all levels within the organization as well as external customers and regulatory bodies.
Works in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 40 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts.
- Must possess Standard grade Maths and English and in at least one Science based subject. Relevant manufacturing experience will be considered as a suitable alternative.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. This, however, is just the start of our story. It's a story we'd like you to be part of.Company profile View all jobs with Thermo Fisher Scientific
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist