Sewing OperatorsVacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Salary: £14,715 - £16,809 plus life assurance, pension & bonus schemes
Job ref. no.: JM/EM
Vascutek is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers and marketers of vascular products for the treatment of cardiovascular disease. We are guided by an ethos of technical excellence, stringent quality control and total customer service.
Each of our associates work in the knowledge that the work they do contributes to improving the quality of life of patients across the world. Vascutek’s sewing operatives hand sew polyester fabric to help create life saving grafts which treat cardiovascular disease.
An extensive training period within our Sewing Academy allows our associates to become highly skilled sewers who are proud of the products which they make.
Key responsibilities and duties will include;
- Undertake manufacturing duties as specified by the Production Supervisor
- Follow good manufacturing processes as defined in procedures and specifications
- Work towards meeting quality objectives
- Promote 5S and efficient manufacturing processes
Skills and experience desired:
- Hand or machine sewing experience and skill is desirable but not essential
- Ability to follow procedures and specifications within stringent guidelines
- Ability to learn new processes quickly
- High level of dexterity
- Experience from a manufacturing environment
The ideal candidates should be self motivated with a positive attitude and excellent communication skills. They will be team players and have good attention to detail. We are keen to hear from individuals with a manufacturing background, good manual dexterity skills and who have experience working within a cleanroom or controlled environment.
Candidates should have a flexible approach to shift work as this role will involve a day/back shift rotation between the hours of 7am and 11pm.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist