Vehicle RefinisherVacancy posted: Thursday, 13 October 2016
Salary: £9.25 per hour
Location: Dalgety Bay
Closing date: 27 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 905907
905907 - Vehicle Refinisher
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Vehicle Refinisher, based in Dalgety Bay, Fife.
- To have excellent knowledge & experience within the spray painting Industry.
- Have experience with Colour Identification, mixing paint & related components.
- Degrease, mechanically or manually prepare products & remove oils, dirt and other foreign substances prior to paint application.
- Neatly Apply masking materials to products & preserve surfaces from overspray.
- Coat products with epoxy primer, 2-Pak topcoats & waterbourne paints using conventional spray equipment & diaphragm pump systems.
- Have good knowledge & skills relating to secondary paint stages & repair work methods including brushing, roller & aerosol applications.
- Visually inspect products for quality before, during and after the painting process.
- Maintain a level of cleanliness & order within the department, cleaning & daily maintenance of all paint spray equipment, tooling & PPE.
- Observe all aspects of health and safety regulations and report any unsafe working conditions to department supervisors.
- Chemically pre-wash bare steel bodies prior to the paint process.
- Application of polyurethane jointing sealers.
- Repair light accident damage using various fillers to new & used vehicles.
- Record PFT & follow all documentation relevant within the department.
- Perform other various duties as may be assigned.
Skills & Experience
- Handling sensitive issues with care and thoughtfulness
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to new ideas and approaches
- Able to work with others, communicating and building robust working relationships with other departments and people across the business
- To support other members of the team in times of pressure
- Actively participate in, and contribute to, team meetings, and to carry out agreed action points within the time frame set.
- To handle confrontation when faced with conflict in a professional and calm manner.
- Ensure work is focused upon the needs of the customer
- Able to adapt working patterns and proactively engage flexibility and change
- Able to accept ownership and accountability for the tasks assigned.
- To be a positive ambassador for the business
- Excellent knowledge & skills within all aspects of the paint spray Industry
- Knowledge of appropriate processes & work methods
- Previous experience of working within a strong safety culture
- Previous experience of working as part of a team
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is £9.25 per hour.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 905907.
|Contact Name||Angela Henderson|
|Telephone||+44 (0)1383 840090|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist