Test TechnicanVacancy posted: Friday, 30 September 2016
Salary: £Excellent Salary + Benefits
Job ref. no.: Test Tech
Job Title: Test Technician x2
Req ID: 82952BR
Summary of Role
As a Test Technician you will perform functional testing and diagnostics of complex electronic assemblies. Diagnostics will be performed to component level for both prime product and repairs. As a Test Technician you will also be required to keep accurate test records, carry out any maintenance tasks and aid other disciplines to improve the overall cost and quality of product.
- Primary duty is to diagnose complex electronic assemblies down to component level on failing products and recommend appropriate corrective actions
- Perform functional testing of electronic assemblies to required contractual, quality and schedule requirements
- Diagnose test equipment related faults
- Execution of preventative maintenance and calibration plans for test equipment
- Record accurate test records and provide requested yield & failure reports
- Assist engineering with any ongoing investigations / initiatives
- Aid the continual improvement of efficiency in designated test area(s)
- HND or equivalent in electronics
- Experience with testing and diagnostics of complex analogue and digital electronic assemblies down to component level
- Proven ability to set up and utilise various types of lab equipment for manual production test & debug purposes
- A good understanding of electronics (including theoretical and practical knowledge of analogue and digital circuitry), able to interpret circuit diagrams and can communicate circuit functionality effectively
- Can interpret test specifications to carry out manual production test requirements & debug.
- Can work to production schedules without detracting from product quality and any contractual requirements.
- Experience and knowledge of various ATE’s
- Experience of maintenance and repair of LN2 thermal chambers
- Confident self-starter who can operate with little supervision
- Ability to communicate at all levels across a range of disciplines
- Flexibility in working hours as shift work may be required
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, national security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK Power & Control Business & Manufacturing centre of excellence is an exciting place to work for top rated professionals who desire a challenging yet rewarding role. With headquarters in Glenrothes, Scotland, the Power and Control business designs, develops and manufactures advanced power conversion products and electronic control systems. These consist of power management and distribution; missile guidance and control; AC-DC, DC-DC power supplies; motor control; power modules; hybridCompany profile View all jobs with Raytheon
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Pharmaceutical Production OperatorCY Partners, glasgow
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist