Onshore Lead Technician - VR/08917Vacancy posted: Saturday, 4 January 2014
Job ref. no.: VR/08917 (CK)
Our client requires an Onshore Lead Technician who will be responsible for the supervision of mechanical technician’s and production staff within a busy workshop environment. The role will entail adhering to quality and HSE standards.
- Supervision of workshop staff, training procedures and on time delivery schedules. Will also be requested to work as and when required and work overtime during busy periods/weekends.
- Ensure the team is aware of the company & team objectives and a plan is in place to meet these objectives.
- Attend and support a weekly Service Technician meeting to discuss developments within the company, up and coming projects of all sizes, housekeeping, Safety, Continuous Improvement, IiP and other issues and questions the Services Technicians may have.
- Support training plans for the team and take responsibility to ensure the team works towards completing the training.
- Participate in any training requirements suitable for the position held.
- Encourage the team to participate with the company’s continuous improvement system and assist management with implementing the necessary changes.
- Ensure the delivery and quality requirements of the work being undertaken in the workshop are achieved.
- Liaise with the Chargehand to ensure all existing equipment and new tooling is monitored and looked after.
- To support the maintenance checklists of the workshop cranes, compressors etc. and ensure they are maintained/repaired in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the Chargehand to review and update the sling register, ensuring all lifting equipment is certified up to date.
- Review route sheet/job packages pre/post job and ensure they are signed and completed daily by the Technicians.
- Generate/implement a risk assessment for larger jobs/special projects when required.
- Review with the customer contact the testing requirements to ensure suitable test equipment is present and ready for use during testing operations.
- Be responsible for either opening or locking up the buildings or making arrangements to have this done.
- Be responsible for their own safety and the safety of others within the workplace, working in a safe tidy and efficient manner, assisting to maintain safety within the workplace, tidying work areas during and after operations.
- Assemble surface and subsea wellhead and controls equipment, including but not restricted to the likes of Tubing Hangers, Flow Bases, Subsea Trees, Tree Caps and running tools, Lower Risers Packages and Emergency Disconnect Packages, Hydraulic Power Units, Panel and Reels.
- Carry out maintenance and repairs of subsea controls equipment, including but not restricted to the likes of Work Over Control Systems, Reels, Umbilicals, Sheaves, Pumps, Pressure Containing Vessels and Flushing Units.
- Carry out modifications to subsea wellhead and controls equipment.
- Hydro test surface and subsea equipment.
- When qualified, gas test surface and subsea equipment.
- Flush subsea wellhead and controls equipment.
- Lead and assist with customer site integration testing of surface and subsea wellhead and controls equipment.
- When required, be dedicated to major customer projects.
- Assist with the inspection of equipment.
- Require assistance to understand assembly drawings complete with bills of material and hydraulic schematics.
- Maintain the work package, signing up route cards, signing procedures and labelling work package evidence, IE charts and flushing samples.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded.
- Educated to HNC minimum within a mechanical background.
- Experience working in a mechanical workshop.
- Experience of manufacturing oil and gas products.
- Experience in Oil industry.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to develop subordinates within the organisation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of subsea equipment.
About Thorpe Molloy Recruitment Ltd
Thorpe Molloy Recruitment provides professional resourcing services within the following specialisms: Executive Accountancy and Finance Business Development Commercial Contracts Human Resources Legal Office Personnel Marketing Professional Trades QHSE Supply Chain Candidates benefit from our strong, long term relationships formed across blue chip companies, international firms and local entrepreneurial businesses. In conjunction, our clients benefit from our rich talent pool of candidates, impartial advice and unrivalled local market knowledge. Recruiting across all market sectors we source permanent, temporary and part-time talent efficiently and effectively, from entry level vacancies through to director and board level appointments. Our aim is to deliver exceptional customer service to all our clients and candidates. To consistently achieve this we work to the Values which are at the heart of our organisation. Thorpe Molloy Recruitment is a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation.